New to the board! (and the state)

chrissysue
on 1/26/11 1:37 pm - WA
Hey everyone...

Well, my name is Chrissy. I'm 25 years old. I had a RNY in 2002, and lost about 150lbs.. I didn't regain any until 2007 when I got pregnant with my first child and ate til the sun came up... I went from 160lbs to 225 by the time he was born. I got down to about 200 until my second pregnancy, but behaved and only gained 25lbs. She was born in July 2009 and since then I haven't lost much weight... I am at about 195lbs. I'd like to get back down to 160 and am struggling a bit.

ANYWAY, I am also new to the Vancouver Washington area. My husband got a new job which brought us here from our home in Hawaii. We're pretty cold... :-p

A bit of the weight struggle I am having is the lack of support now.. I don't have any friends here.. I don't have a doctor here.. (But to be honest after my 2 year post op..I havent seen my surgeon since..) and I am eating a bit more than I should.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Helen_Anne
on 1/27/11 4:23 am - Bremerton, WA
Welcome to Washington!!

Sorry about the weather!  You did arrive in our "Monson" season that lasts from Nov thru Mar or April.

I am not sure if you know this... but there are bariatric surgeons in your area... I am not sure if they are in Portland or Vancouver... so I am thinking there are support groups there also.  That being said... you may want to follow up with a Primary Care Provider and get your lab work done. There is a good document from one the National Bariatric Assoc about where your vitamin should be. If you need a the list of labs you need... I think I can get you my surgeons recomendations... which mirror the National Recommendations.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Hislady
on 1/28/11 9:30 am - Vancouver, WA
There is a wonderful support group in Vancouver I used to go to. It is run by the bariatric surgeons at SW Wash Medical Center. I just got out of the hospital myself from gall bladder surgery, but I will find the info for you and send you either a PM or post it here. They are really nice people and will give you lots of support. Welcome to the great NW, it'll grow on you after awhile.
chrissysue
on 1/28/11 11:01 am - WA
That would be great! Even if I couldn't make it to the group, it'd be great just to get to know someone around here that has had the surgery. :)

countrygolden
on 1/29/11 2:05 pm - Amboy, WA
Hey neighbor! I live in the Vancouver area. Welcome! I am having VSG surgery next Wednesday but I'm having it done in Edmonds WA so I won't be able to join their support group. This is a great forum for getting all kinds of support!
BandtoSleeve
on 1/29/11 6:09 pm - Redmond, WA
Hi Chrissy!

I'm also new to WA, I'm in Redmond so I'm not sure how far that is from you. We moved here in October from the DFW area. Needless to say I'm in the exact same boat as you in regard to lack of doctors and familiar faces.

I had the Lap Band done in 2005 and it pretty much destroyed my esophagus. After 5 years of suffering I had it removed and a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy done this past August. I try to behave but have found after being on pretty much a liquid diet with the band to being able to eat again that it's kinda hard.

If you would like to talk send me a PM.

Be good to yourself!
Lap Band Aug. 2005, Revision to VSG and Band Removed Aug. 2010

Hislady
on 1/30/11 5:50 am - Vancouver, WA
Sorry it took so long to get back to you! They've changed the website some so you might want to look at it yourself, go to swmedicalcenter and look up the Center for Weight Management that tells about their program. If you call their number at 514-2500 they will be able to tell you when the next support meeting is. They are a really nice group of folks and very informative. Best of luck to you, hope they will take you under their wing.
Katie M.
on 1/30/11 6:58 am - WA
Hey Chrissy! Welcome to WA! 

Amy R.
on 1/31/11 9:47 pm
Hey Chrissy,  Welcome to Washington!  I live in the Seattle area so kinda far from you, but I have a really good friend/relative by marriage who lives down in your area that I could introduce you to who had the Rny a few years ago that you might like to meet.  Her name is Christine and she is AWESOME.   If you're interested let me know and I'll get you two together, over the net, anyway.

Hang in there and good luck settling in.  You can always PM me if you just want to talk.

best,
Most Active