Clothing swap/party? South Sound area.

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 3:38 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi there!

You know... since my body will be changing a lot in the year, I hate to think about all the money I will spend on clothes. Especially while my weight is dropping and I'm losing dress sizes and inches. I don't mind spending more on clothes when things stabilize, but since I'm just starting my journey and am 10 days post op (and off work), I have lots of time to think!

Thankfully I organized and saved my 20/22's, my 18/16's, and my 12/14's that I've wore over the past couple years. I'm going to dig into those too, but does anyone know or organize a clothing swap/party?

I just think it would be an awesome idea. We are all going thru this together, might as well help eachother out!

I live in Olympia, work in DuPont, so I would love to connect with people that live in Thurston or Pierce County.

Has anyone heard of doing this?

Alissa
canonico
on 1/14/11 7:54 am - WA
 I live in Lacey and will be having surgery towards the end of Feb. I would like to get together and start a clothing swap group.

vitalady
on 1/15/11 10:33 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
We did this for years, but eventually, I had more than my minivan could carry!

However, if you go to live support groups, some of them have swaps every few months.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

KarrieMassotti
on 1/22/11 2:45 am - Kent, WA
I am the leader for South Puget Sound Support group and we do swaps a few times a year.

Our next meeting happens to be one where we will do one again.  3PM Feb 5th at the Auburn Library. 

It is a little North for you but may be worth the drive to be able to participate. 

Here is our OH event page where you can get more  info:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/events/action,event_detail/event_id,5045/

Discount code for OH Conference MassottiWA11
OH Support group leader.  Check out our group: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 10:43 pm - Olympia, WA
It may be a little far of a drive, but I will keep it on my radar... Thank you!
Kelly W.
on 1/22/11 2:49 am - WA
 Wow I live in Olympia Wa now too.  I wish I would of had that when I was going through the weight loss.  When you get down to 10's, 8's and 6's let me know.  I got rid of all my other clothes but still have these.  You are probably thinking you will never get there, believe me that is what I thought and I am a size 4.  Good luck on your wonderful journey.  Where is the nearest support group?  Do you know?  I would love to join one.
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 10:41 pm - Olympia, WA
I will let you know, thank you for the offer that is so nice.

I was so excited yesterday b/c I stopped by Lane Bryant to see what was on sale (will need a pair of new work pants) and I found the exact style that I've been wearing, and on sale for $15! The coolest part was that before I was wearing a 20 and it was super tight... And I fit into the size 16. Totally passed the 18's... woohoo! I was so happy and I'm only 2.5 weeks out. Granted I lost a bunch of the weight on the pre-op diet, but still!

There is a group forming that meets in Tumwater, otherwise it seems like the rest are up north with I think the closest being in Puyallup. I haven't been yet, but they meet at a local church on the third Tuesday of each month. Yvonne and Valerie are the group leaders, and I guess its just the two of them, but I will be attending too. I believe Valerie's handle on here is 'valdera' so she could share with you the details.

Did you just move to Olympia? It says you are from out of state right under your picture....

Alissa
Kelly W.
on 1/23/11 2:50 am - WA
 That sounds great I would like to attend.  Yes I just moved here at the end of October from California.  My hubby has been here for 3 years but I was waiting for my kids to graduate from High School before I uprooted them.  My youngest graduated in 2010 so then we moved.  I have been trying to change my profile to say Washington but not smart enough ha ha.
onefunolygirl
on 1/24/11 5:15 am - Olympia, WA
Congratulations on your success.  You are doing great.  Hope to meet you sometime at the Tumwater support group.  Let me know if you are planning to attend.  I have not gone yet but have been thinking about it.

Teresa

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

onefunolygirl
on 1/24/11 5:04 am - Olympia, WA
I have not attended this meeting yet, but I would like to attend as well.  Let me know if you girls are planning to attend the next meeting. Would love to see this support group grow. 

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

Most Active