Surgeon Around Fed Way?

Katy C.
on 1/13/11 1:14 am
Hi Everyone!

I just moved to Federal Way from Las Vegas and need to find myself a surgeon. I had Lap-Band on 6.8.10 and although I do not need a fill or any care at the moment, I'd like to find someone before I have a need.

Though I have already received a couple of recommendations, one of my concerns is the rules the surgeon lays out. And I haven't found a surgeon yet that has similar rules to the ones I was given from my surgeon in Las Vegas.

So briefly, my rules are to eat 4 oz of food 3 times per day with no snacking in between. 60 to 90g of protein, 64+ oz of water per day, to not eat over 800 calories per day, and no limitations to the types of food I can eat (meaning bread, rice, pasta, etc is fine as long as I personally tolerate it).

If you have a surgeon you'd like to tell me about, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks in advance.

Follow my journey on YouTube or visit my blog, The Band in Me!

All weight loss is post-op.
Helen_Anne
on 1/13/11 8:36 am - Bremerton, WA
Welcome to Washington!!!

While I did not have a Lap Band... My surgeon Dr Hunter  at the Federal Way Virginia Mason Clinic will see patients who have moved into the area.  Kat Redmond (PA) does most of the fills.... I think most are done with floroscopy.

There a informational meeting  for the Bariatrics Program at the Federal Way Virginia Mason this Saturday from 10 to 11:30.  You can meet the Federal Way Bariatric Team.

They just had the Band Support group... on Tuesday.

Here is the website for Virginia Mason Bariatric Program.

http://vnet2.vmmc.org/dept.cfm?id=1092

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

kakkling
on 1/13/11 2:26 pm - Tac, WA
Helen,

Do you know if Virginia Mason Bariatirc Program takes Lab Band patients that had their surgery in Mexico? I have a friend who is looking for somewhere to have her fills done.

Thanks,
Kelly
Helen_Anne
on 1/13/11 10:36 pm - Bremerton, WA
Kelly...

I don't know about Mexico Patients... but you could have your freind call his office.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

kakkling
on 1/14/11 10:11 am - Tac, WA
Helen,

Thanks for your reply.  I will have her call his office. The sad part is that most Drs
do not want to have anything to do with people who have gone to Mexico.

Good luck to you with your up and coming surgery. I have been watching you from the start and you have done so well!

Take care,
Kelly
Katy C.
on 1/14/11 2:03 am
I had someone recommend Dr Hunter to me on the Lap-Band Talk boards. I think I'm going to have to check him out and get the scoop on his rules and practice.

Thank you for all the information.

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 3:47 pm - Olympia, WA
I chose Dr Ki Oh and he is located in Federal Way.

I started this process nearly a year ago, and I like working with the team from his office. He's not a touchy-feeling doctor (I could care less, as long as he knows his stuff), but he does have a quirky sense of humor once you get to know him. Making appointments has always been easy, they have been flexible when I've had to reschedule last moment, and don't make you wait long for appointments. The desk staff have always been pleasant to me too.

My surgery was the laproscopic RNY, but I know he does LapBand procedures and the follow-up associated with it.

Although I'm only 10 days post-op and haven't eaten anything yet, the rules seem similar to what I learned in our Nutrition Classes. I'll know more in two weeks when I'm cleared :)

Goodluck and email me if you have any questions.

Welcome to Washington state!!!

Alissa
Katy C.
on 1/14/11 2:07 am
Funny enough, I was just in Dr. Oh's office with a friend who's Lap-Band and was getting a fill. They will see me but I'm really concerned about Dr. Oh's rules. They're really nothing like what I was told by my surgeon in Las Vegas.

When I asked his PA, Kim if I could continue what I'm doing and be seen there, she said yes but that they'd harp on me. That would be a bit annoying, it's not like the program I'm workin' from my surgeon isn't working for me. I've lost 98 lbs in 7 months! :D The benefit though is that they're just about a block from me... I could throw a rock at his office. LOL

Congratulations on your surgery!

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/11 5:33 am - Olympia, WA
The more time I spend on here and the more time I talk with people I know who have the surgery, it seems like absolutely every surgeons post-surgery guidelines are different. Its annoying, lol! It would be cool if there was some type of standardization, you know?

I would go with your gut, and goodluck finding a program!

BTW, amazing job on losing that weight - you seem like a real lap band success story!!!
paulasb
on 1/16/11 11:18 am - Sammamish, WA
Welcome to Washington!
You might try Myur Srikanth at St Francis hospital In Federal Way. 253-815-7774
He's a great surgeon with a good bedside manner and a pretty strick meal program, but he gets results.
Good luck.
Most Active