HELP

Diane DeSeranno
on 1/10/11 8:34 am - Long Beach, WA
I had my surgery in Nov. 2005. I lost 150 lbs. and looked good, felt great. But I have had 5 surgeries on my feet since then, so getting out and walking has not been an option. And I have gained back 20 lbs. that I need to get off. HELP! how do I do it? I need ideas and support.

Hislady
on 1/10/11 1:25 pm - Vancouver, WA
I have feet issues also so I understand how difficult it is. I bought a used recumbent bike and ride that. It gives you the exercise without the pressure on your feet. If you have a DVD player you cn get videos where they sit to exercise or even sitting down and "walking" your legs while you sit can help. Good luck to you!
Diane DeSeranno
on 1/21/11 7:09 am - Long Beach, WA
Thank you for your help. Yes I now have a recumbent bike so I have the exercise thing going, but I guess my biggest problem is ME! I am working on getting my eating habits back to what they use to be. Eating less more often, low calorie foods, drink more water and up the proteins. And stop eating junk. It was to easy to slip back to eating the way I did that got me here in the first place. The tiny tiny pouch doesn't last forever. That why the talk about the honeymoon periods being over.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/20/11 8:52 am
Do you have a pool near you? Swimming is great exercise (fun too) and takes the stress off feet and joints.

Gyms have various equipment for exercising that can spare your feet as well, but most require membership. I started using a 24 hour fitness for under $13 a month, through Costco, which is really affordable. The only rub is the 24 hour Fitness nearest me only has a small sal****er pool, not the best for exercise, but the other equipment will do just fine.

I also find it really helpful to get on track with what I'm eating when I use a program like Fitday or Daily Plate. Having every calorie, protein / fat / carb gram counted and tallied really helps me see what I'm really doing (especially those sneaky carbs).
Diane DeSeranno
on 1/21/11 7:13 am - Long Beach, WA
Sorry, no pool. We do have a Curves, but the circle program did hurt my feel.
Thank you for your help.
I now have a recumbent bike so I have the exercise thing going, but I guess my biggest problem is ME! I am working on getting my eating habits back to what they use to be. Eating less more often, low calorie foods, drink more water and up the proteins. And stop eating junk. It was to easy to slip back to eating the way I did that got me here in the first place. The tiny tiny pouch doesn't last forever. That why the talk about the honeymoon periods being over

Most Active