1 week to go

susanh56
on 1/6/11 7:42 am
I don't know about anyone else, but I am so nervous about this surgery. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I need something to calm my nerves!!! My pre-op is tomorrow, I'm asking for drugs!!!
Helen_Anne
on 1/6/11 8:06 am - Bremerton, WA
Being Nervous is VERY common...in fact I would be a litte worried if you were not a little nervous.  That said.... I never regretted my decision to have surgery.  I would have NEVER been able to get to the weight that I am with out the surgery. 

I have often thought... I finally have the life that I NEVER thought possible!! 

Keep us updated on your progress!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Katie M.
on 1/6/11 12:34 pm - WA
You are having absolutely normal feelings! Congrats!!!

amyattitude
on 1/6/11 1:10 pm - Longview, WA
My surgery is the same day as yours. I was fine until I had my preop. The dr. gave me a sheet about what exactly would happen with my surgery. The second I read "catheter" I freaked out. I don't know why that scares me so much.  I am still excited though. I keep reminding myself about how hard I worked to get here.

cjuni
on 1/6/11 6:58 pm
Being nervous is normal, surgery is a big step.  My surgery was scheduled for the 19th and now I am told they need to reschedule it.................arrrrgh.  
The pre-op for me was easy, talk to the anesthesia, blood work and chest x-ray,....it is the waiting that is frustrating me.  I have had all my paperwork done since November.....arrrrgggghhhh.  But we both know it will definitely be worth it............we will be HEALTHY 
VallartaTiffany
on 1/7/11 4:50 am
It's already been said but you are feeling the way we all have that have gone into any surgery.  :)

You have lots of people that will be thinking about you on "your day"!  Stay positive and get all your questions answered, no need to go into something not knowing.  I know this forum was a wonderful resource for me before I had my surgery.

Congratulations on your journey!

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 3:42 am
my surgery is scheduled for Feb. 23. i'm still on cloud nine, but i know that the closer i get the more anxous i will be.  when i do get anxous, i remember my mom & brother giving themselves insulin shots and praying for them after heart surgery. i will do everything in my pwer to see that my children and husband never have to watch me do that. this is my gift to no only myself, but to the people i love so dearly.  thank goodness for this site. it really helps to see others have the same feelings as yourself.
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 3:40 pm - Olympia, WA
I was incredibly anxious before the surgery, especially the week or two before. Definitely had a few breakdown moments (also may have been the fact I was on a clear liquid diet, lol!) and many, many sleepless nights! I hate when my mind would start running!

So I feel your pain! I was there... But honestly the nervousness goes away after the surgery.

Goodluck and congrats!
Most Active