Been awhile

nicola542
on 1/2/11 12:12 pm - Bremerton, WA
 Just wanted to say hi, haven't been on the boards in quite some time, things have just been crazy outside of the computer in reality. I had my surgery last May and so far have lost apprx 105lbs, but feeling a little down about it because I had cookies and not good for me foods(only bites, but when it's bad, it's bad) and I've been at the same weight for a few months now going up and down about 4 lbs. Before surgery and after I was real big on water aerobics, but than after my husband went back to school, money got to tight and I was doing some DVDs but those are hard for me to keep motivated because I don't enjoy it like the water, and they're harder for me to do because I've had seven knee surgeries. Anyways we have a gazzelle and an ab lounger in the house again and I'm trying those.  Looking for food ideas too, on what you all do for exercise and food.

There's many Support groups around here, I know SPS is active and wonderful group of ladies, but where I live across the water from Seattle I can't find an active Bremerton group.

Helen_Anne
on 1/3/11 6:50 am - Bremerton, WA
Hi... we are neighbors... I live in Bremerton. 

There is a support group at the Bremerton Harrison Hospital on the 3rd Tuesday of the month... so the next one is Jan 18.  I have gone to this group several times.. and there is LOTS of support there. 

If you are willing to go to the Bremerton Tennis Club... you can have my punch card that you can go to any class they offer.

My husband and I just joined the Bremerton YMCA... so its unlikely that I would go to the tennis club.

Helen 

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 1/3/11 11:48 pm - WA
Our journey is always a struggle!  More protein drinks will help and a support group . I walk as much as possible, at the mall inside! and window shop!!! hang in and keep smiling

Merrilou
Katie M.
on 1/4/11 12:36 pm - WA
I think you are on the right track by reaching out!! Catch up with that Support group and move when you can.

You have already started to get back in gear, nice work! Now my turn, lol!

ZiggyZiggler
on 2/13/11 6:53 am - Everett, WA
Hi!! r u still here? We had the same doc. I love the staff there!! I have some great food ideas. Nutritionally dense and yummy. Fage Greek Yogurt (Costco is 1/2 the price of Trader Joe or Safeway).  120 calories a cup and 22 grams of protein. That's a great base for many things. Let me know if you're still active on here. I'm making an effort to get plugged in.
Most Active