Can any one suggest a good Surgeon @ Madigan?

RedsHotMomma
on 11/30/10 1:07 am - Fort Rucker, AL
Hi, I'm on my second round of choosing a sugeon at Madigan Army Medical. I have my first appointment on Thursday. Can anyone suggest a good doc? Anyone to aviod? Any advice?
Nascarfanjw
on 12/1/10 12:53 pm - Olympia, WA
RNY on 08/10/10 with
Dr. Sebesta performed my surgery.  I highly reccommend him.  I had a laproscopic roux-en-y on August 10th.  Let me know if you have any questions. 
kathy-schuldt
on 12/4/10 2:53 pm - bremerton, WA
I had a laproscopic sleeve with Dr. Kjorsted in August and really like him.  had no problems and he answered all my question. 
hw:258  sw:217  gw:140    height: 5'          
canonico
on 1/10/11 1:53 pm - WA
 I am meeting with Dr. Kjorsted on the 18th. I am excited and hoping he will be able to schedule my surgery around the 20th of Feb. Did he have you do the liquid diet prior to surgery? Also did you have a drain in afterwards? I have heard that every surgeon at Madigan does things a little different.

kathy-schuldt
on 1/11/11 1:37 am - bremerton, WA
I did not have to do a liquid diet prior to surgery and i did go home with a drain tube.  I had surgery on Monday home by Wednesday afternoon had tube removed on Tuesday.  The tube removal was not fun but a relief to have gone. I have found from our support group up here in Bremerton that every surgen is differant and so is every surgery. Keep us updated and good luck.
hw:258  sw:217  gw:140    height: 5'          
Brandy L.
on 12/25/10 7:49 am - Baudour , Belgium
I had Dr. Martin who was fantastic. I heard he might be deployed right now but in March I will be 3 years post RNY and couldn't be happier!

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Tiffany1020
on 12/27/10 5:30 am
I had Dr. Sebesta.  Loved him and highly recommend him!!  If I had to do it again I would pick him in a heart beat!

Sandy69
on 1/12/11 11:25 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Hello, I had a chance to meet Dr. Sebesta and he is a great Surgeon. He is pretty busy but he will take his time explaining everything to you. My friend had him as her surgeon and she loved his bedside manors but it will be up to you and who you feel the most comfortable with . I will have my Eval and Wellness Testing in a week or so and then meet with the Surgeon to talk about what surgery to get, I am still back and forth about RNY or the Sleeve. I have to take care of horses so I need to be up and running as soon as possible. Good Luck!
RedsHotMomma
on 1/14/11 11:17 am - Fort Rucker, AL
thank you all for the advice. I am still yet to meet an actual doctor. I went to the introduction seminar in October. I'm on the waiting list right now. They told me it's 3-5 months before I can even start pathways.

I was seeing a surgeon in Alabama to do the lap band but long story short. I got my surgery approved and I was in the holding room talking to the anesthesiologist and they told me that I can not have the surgery because I have a UTI. So according to Dr. Sabesta, I have to start all over again. I'm sure you can all see my frustration. Since then I had found out that Tricare doesn't pay for the fills on the lap band, so I have to reconsider which surgery I would like to have. Right now I'm thinking about seeing a doctor out in town to get started with my surgery and switching to getting the Gastric sleeve. Any advice on procedures or what I should do?

Also do any of you attend the support group meetings on base? Is it any good? I live out in Yelm & I would need to find day care for my little ones if I go.
Most Active