Dr. Kjorstad at Madigan??

RobH
on 10/22/10 4:31 am - WA
Good morning all! 
Well, I am getting there!  I have finished my pathway program at Madigan and have my surgery consult scheduled with Dr. Randy Kjorstad.  I have researched him but can't find any reviews or much information.  He has co-authored a couple of papers with Dr. Sebesta but thats about all I can find.  Please let me know if anyone out there has any knowledge or information about him.  I feel very comfortable asking for someone else but Dr. Kjorstad may be a great surgeon/doctor so I just need to do my homework and meet with him.  Thank you all in advance!
Cathy R.
on 10/28/10 2:11 pm - yelm, WA
I had VSG with Dr Martin last January and Dr Kjorstad has seen me since.  I really like him he is very personable and takes his time to be sure to answer any questions, but I can't comment on his surgical abilities.  My last appointment with the clinic is January and I can schedule with Dr Martin (he is scheduled to return from a tour) or Dr Kjorstad, I would personally prefer Dr Kjorstad, if he is there then.

I see that he is a military licensed physician and surgeon since 2008, but the year most likely means licensing in Washington State, he seemed more mature than Dr Martin at the time.

I know that isn't much help, but keep the appointment with him and evaluate on your own, from what I understand it isn't unusual at all to ask for another surgeon.
Cathy R    
RobH
on 10/29/10 12:58 am - WA
Thank you Cathy!  I do appreciate your input and feedback.  I met Dr. Kjorstad and grilled him pretty good.  He is board certified, late 30s, been a general surgeon for more then 10 years and bariatric surgeon for 3.  He has several hundred laparoscopic surgeris under his belt with no fatalities and only 1 leak.  I was pretty satisfied.  Like you, I thought he was straight forward and had no problems with any of my questions.  I have my date of 6 December!
Thank you again!
Rob

Most Active