Moving from TX to Redmond, WA

BandtoSleeve
on 10/15/10 2:34 am - Redmond, WA
Hello my New Neighbors!

My name is Carrie, I had VSG on Aug. 26th. We are in the middle of moving from Wylie, TX to Redmond, WA due to my husband's job. I was not born in TX but got here as fast as I could at age 2, Hubby is a native Texan. This will be the first time either of us have lived outside of the State of Texas (and remember it!). We are the proud parents of two little girls under the age of 6.

I am searching for recommendations on a good Bariatric Surgeon to continue my care. I haven't had a single issue other than the usual GERD and heartburn. I am on Nexium for that.

If you know any good doctors let me know. I need to find a good General Practice doc for myself and Hubby, a Pediatrician for the kids, Bar. Surgeon as I said for myself and potentially Hubby.

Our move is about a week and half away! :) Please keep positive prayers for my family going, we need all the help we can get as it is a very stressful time. We've been married for almost 10 years and this is only our 2nd move!
Lap Band Aug. 2005, Revision to VSG and Band Removed Aug. 2010

Tricia W.
on 10/19/10 2:01 pm - Yakima, WA
Welcome to Washington.....hope you brought your umbrellas, lol.  I have lived in Washington my entire 42 (almost) years.  I have not had surgery yet because I can't decide which type of wls is best for me.  I really wanted the VSG but my insurance doesn't cover it.   Anyways, Dr. Oh in Federal Way has a great reputation so you can check him out on this site.  As for a family doc and a pediatrician, I can't help because I live Yakima.  I hope someone else can give you some recommendations.  Good luck on the move and again, welcome to the Pacific Northwest. 
missmoon
on 10/23/10 9:35 am
 Hi, Carrie,
Welcome to Redmond!
I live here in Redmond, and can't say enough positive things about the doctors at Eastside Family Medicine in Bellevue.  Dr. Kraft is my primary care physician, and I love her.  So smart, and so down to earth.  Dr. Cooley is also excellent, as is Dr. Egnal (and, FYI, all three have been featured over the years as Seattle's Top Doctors in Seattle Magazine and Seattle Met Magazine).  As for bariatrics, I'm still shopping, thinking about the VSG, and have been impressed with Dr. Thien Nguyen at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. He is the director, and they are a Center of Excellence. 
Good Luck!
Britt U.
on 10/23/10 12:56 pm - Mill Creek, WA
Hi Carrie!

Glad you're almost here. Can't wait to get a chance to meet you.

Dr. Billing in Edmonds will see sleeve patients who've moved into the area and he's one of the best sleeve surgeons in the state. He's been great to me. He took my band out and then would have done my sleeve if I'd won my insurance appeal. He's still happy to see me though and will be repairing a hernia I was just diagnosed with.

But I also think you'd love my primary care doc Dr. Julie Brogren. She is opening a new womens rejuvenation clinic in Woodinville which would be a reasonable drive for you. She has a lap band and her parents had their sleeves with Dr. Billing. Her clinic will offer follow-up care for WLS patients as well as all the other care a woman needs. She's at Mill Creek Family Practice up by me right now but her new clinic opens in January.

Hope your move goes smoothly,
Britt

Aberdare
on 10/25/10 3:08 pm - Bellevue, WA
Carrie, Welcome. My regular Dr is Teresa Girolami and she is in Redmond. She has a great interest in obesity so is VERY supportive. 425-558-3800.    My surgeon is David Lauter and is wonderful and has a great reputation. He has been doing wt loss surgery for many years and is in Bellevue. He is affiliated with Overlake Hospital and has a partner Troy Houseworth so there is always someone to help you. 425-453-7888     We have a great support group run by Overlake. We meet twice a month at the hospital.  The group has a bariatric manager Christina Armstrong ,also a dietition and a therapist and they are all there each time and usually a surgeon drops in.   I have 2 grandchildren and my daughter loves their pediatrician. I can get his info for you
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. I am a Realtor so I am used to helping relocation clients.
Looking forward to meeting you when you arrive
Jay

Most Active