Need some help getting labs a little better - Spokane Endo, anyone???

EricW
on 10/10/10 12:15 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
I knew I was slipping a little and loving my new life more than I was loving the work to maintain it.

My labs this last time has a few "L" markers on it where I am at the low end of the range.  I need to find an endo in
Spokane or even a DS savvy nutrition doc to oversee my program.  Any recommendations?  Thanks in advance.  EW
giver44
on 10/14/10 1:19 am - Post Falls, ID
Eric!!  The group at Rockwood Clinic.. is welcomeing all WLS patients and have an excellent nutritionist on staff.    If you need the number.. Email me.  Good luck to you.  Alice
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/20/10 10:03 am
I suggest you do a shout out to Michelle (vitalady.com). She sells vitamins to post-bariatric folks like us, but gives info here on OH, and doesn't push vitamins ( she doesn't even mention she sells them).

She is in Puyallup, but ships anywhere, and has things we can't get anywhere else formulated for our needs, like dry forms of fat soluble vites, and the high potency dry D.

Unfortunately, I have yet to meet a Dr, (not even my bariatric surgeon) or Nut. that had a good enough grasp of long term post ops to give adequate advice. I have grown to trust Michelles advice over all else.

If you haven't already, get comprehensive labs (usually takes like over 20 vials of blood, so if they only drew a few, you know you'll need more) and get a copy for yourself (Michelle also has the list of labs we should have drawn).

Doctors usually only mention things that have been flagged by the lab, as too high or low, and gone out of range. You need to be aware when things are close to going out of range, so you can be proactive. Like for vitamin D, the range is 30 to 100, and if it goes from 80 to 35 over several blood draws, they won't mention it because it's in range, but the fact that it's plummeting is not good, so you have to catch those things yourself. I use a spreadsheet to track all of my labs, and if you want a copy, l can try and email it to you. You'll have to delete my info, but it already lists all the tests, and the ranges.
Most Active