Moving from DFW to Redmond need new doc

BandtoSleeve
on 10/8/10 4:27 pm - Redmond, WA
I am post-op VSG on 08/26/2010. I went back to my surgeon for my first post-op follow up and haven't been back since. Between the move and lack of physical issues other than the usual heartburn and an RX for PPI's I haven't needed to be seen.

I am debating even getting another WLS as my surgery is done, it's permanent but I'm worried about the "what if this or that happens" and I need surgery or a complication arises. I am covered under Premera BCBS PPO- Microsoft. They didn't pay for my VSG surgery but they paid to remove the Devilish LapBand that haunted me for 5 years and I paid the difference.

So does anyone have a great surgeon close to Redmond? I'm from Texas, so close to me is within a 30 minute to hour radius one way.

Thanks!
Lap Band Aug. 2005, Revision to VSG and Band Removed Aug. 2010

jcbabcock
on 10/10/10 1:39 pm - Bellevue, WA
Carrie, I am going to Dr. Thein Ngyuen in Bellevue. I really like him. I have also met Dr Lauder in Bellevue and he is highly thought of in the support group that I attend.
Best wishes
BandtoSleeve
on 10/15/10 2:36 am - Redmond, WA
Thanks for the information. I am going to send you a PM to request information on your support group. We know absolutely nobody and it would be great to get know others who've had this surgery in the area.
Lap Band Aug. 2005, Revision to VSG and Band Removed Aug. 2010

OneMoreTimeAgain
on 10/17/10 12:25 pm - Redmond, WA
I totally second the recomendation for Dr. Nguyen. He fellowshiped in WLS and as far as i know that is the ONLY kind of surgery he does. I was so excited, I was gonna get my surgery done by him. But then found out that there were only 3 groups of surgens in WA I could go to per my insurance. His office assistant Larane was so nice she gathered all my info I had sent there for my 5 yr. weight history and found me another Dr that did sleeve that I could go to. They are very helpfull.There phone number is 425-467-3957 Good luck to you
Most Active