I've been "STUCK" twice now... Can I ever get this right?

Gettinskinny2010
on 9/29/10 12:57 pm - WA
I had my surgery on July 14,2010.  I have only been filled to a 3.0cc...Ii got two fills so far. both times I have gotten stuck in the second week after my fills... I had to go to the ER both times! And get a "unfill"... I am currently unfilled... I am geting my band filled again tomorrow and I am worried! What I still seem to do is eat too fast or make the wrong choices... I am feeling discouraged, yet I have managed to loose weight. I feel unsure about my band now... And there is NO turning back I KNOW! I want this so bad .....I have to get it right someday! Anyone else having this issue? Or am I just a looser? lol  Thanks for your help! 

Hislady
on 9/30/10 4:19 am - Vancouver, WA

Sounds like you know what the problem is now you just have to be super aware of how you eat. It's best to take tiny bites the size of a pencil eraser, chew at least 25 times and make sure one bite is down before taking another. It takes awhile to relearn how to eat. I'd also suggest a smaller fill or no fill until you get the new eating habits down pat. This is one of the hardest things to learn when we are used to shoveling in our food as fast as we can, just be patient. Come on over to the lapband forum and learn lots more about band life.

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/7/10 2:02 am - WA
OK, You are not a looser, You need to sit down and talk to others with the same issues! Roberta Christian hosts a Lap Band support group, at the Auburn Hospital the 3rd Thursday of each month. call her for all the detalis-(206) 353-8146. It is a super group! hang in there things will get better!

Merrilou

nursemeems
on 11/7/10 1:23 am - Richland, WA
Are you in a support group? Have or do you currently see a nutritionist? Lastly, are you waiting too long between eating? My nutritionist emphasizes the need to take at least 20-30 min to eat anything! this may help. I do encourage you to seek local support with people who can relate to you! Good Luck
Most Active