6 Weeks and WOW

Dickson
on 9/17/10 11:31 pm - Port Orchard, WA
VSG on 07/30/10 with
Kathy and I are 6 weeks out from surgery.  We saw our Dr. this week and he is very happy with our progress.  We both are doing great.  I'm down 60 lbs from day of surgery 68 total and Kathy is down 34 from day of surgery.  We have found that food is really not an issue, both what we eat and the old cravings.  Now that we are back to work and "life" is going on we are finding that we have to remember to eat and drink, which is weird.  I work with a bunch of engineers and one is just blown away by my weight loss.  She keeps trying to do the math and it won't work to see how I'm losing this amount of weight and still standing. lol.  We are really low on closet clothes due to going down in sizes so much.  I started at a size 46 pants and I'm just about ready to go into 38's.  I have probably about 2 more weeks then these pants will be too baggy.  What a problem lol.

Life is so much easier with the weight off.  Tying my shoes, sitting at a booth when out to eat, walking up stairs.  So much better in so many ways!  Kathy was sitting on my desk cross legged the other day, when we realized that she was doing it we both just had to laugh.  We are loving it! 

Hope all is going well for you as well!

Awterpop
on 9/19/10 3:09 am
Congratulations to you both......you both are doing awesome 
Cindy       
mrs.mitchell
on 9/20/10 7:56 am - Bremerton, WA
Congralations! I have my surgery tommrow. I've had the date changed 3 times since last week so this has already been a rollercoaster ride. Any advice for someone just starting this adventure?
Awterpop
on 9/20/10 1:03 pm

Congratulations on your surgery tomorrow!  Remember to sip, sip, sip and walk all you can....you're gonna do great!

Cindy       
Most Active