HELP...Choosing a UW Bariatric Surgeon

Debbie D.
on 9/17/10 3:59 am - Chelan, WA
I have now been approve for surgery and STILL don't know which doctor I want.  I am leaning more between Dr. Dellinger and Dr. Flum at the Bariatric Center at the University of Washington.  I would like to hear what your opions are about the doctors there.  I have met Dr. Flum but still unsure if he is the one.  I need to call and make a choice.

Thank you!!
ColbyKing
on 9/17/10 7:43 am - Seattle, WA
 I used Dr Cheblis at Northwest Hospital and he was fantastic.  Which procedure are you having?  I can only recommend him for RNY but I feel he is the best in Seattle and consistently ranked as one of the best surgeons in the area.
4catz
on 10/1/10 9:24 am

Hello,  Congratulations on your approval.  I was very happy with the care at the U, especially post op on the unit.  I am not familiar with either of the 2 drs. you mentioned.  I did have Dr. Andrew Wright do my surgery and I was very happy with him.  I have had no post op issues and am feeling really good and energetic.  Sorry I can't help you to choose one of the two.

Surgery Weight: 275
Billie Jo C.
on 10/4/10 2:21 pm - Spokane, WA
Wow Debbie I think we're neck in neck for the race to get surgery. Woot! I'm just waiting on my insurance to receive my approval from the review judge. (Someone was slacking in that department. Long story)

I am also checking into both of the Doctors you listed. I noticed Dr Flum has written quit a few articles on the effects of obesity and WLS. He seems to be an expert in that field from what I have read. You can find the articles on Uof W with his profile. I'll keep my ears and eyes open for anyone who has seen him firsthand.

Good luck and keep me posted on what you find out?

Take care
-Billie Jo
Most Active