Endoscope with Dr. OH

Tricia W.
on 9/15/10 5:03 am - Yakima, WA
I just had the pre-op procedure done with Dr. Oh where they put the little camera down in your stomach.  When I left they told me they did a biopsy so I couldn't have any ibuprofen for 2 weeks.  I was out of it so I didn't think to question why they did the biopsy.  Has anyone else had to have a biopsy with this procedure?  I am a little worried now.  Thank you for any feedback.  Have a great day to all
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/16/10 8:43 am - WA
You should call Dr Oh and ask about the biopsy.  Don't worry until you talk to him!

Merrilou
Tricia W.
on 9/16/10 12:11 pm - Yakima, WA
Thank you Merrilou...I called and explained my concern to the gal that answered the phone and she told me everyone has a biopsy.  I am not sure if she knows what she is talking about, but she said Dr. Oh checks the tissues.  That doesn't sound right to me. 
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/17/10 12:01 am - WA
It sounds like you need to talk to Dr Oh. if I were you I would call his office and ask to talk to him. I'll bet you will feel better after talking to him.

Merrilou
vitalady
on 9/26/10 10:50 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Yes, he biopsies everyone. He's already in there, it's paid for, and then any potential issues are ruled out before surgery. Or fixed. Nice service he provides since he's caught many Bad Things that were just getting started and nipped them in the bud. Things that might have gone undiagnosed for years until they were too late.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Gettinskinny2010
on 9/29/10 12:30 pm - WA
i had mine surgery with Dr. Oh July 15,2010. He does do that to everyone... Like vitalady said "normal".. No worries

Tricia W.
on 10/2/10 10:16 am - Yakima, WA
Thank you for all the help. Everything was fine, but I wish he would tell people this so they don't worry like I did
Most Active