Seattle DS (and other forms of WLS) Support Group

Anne S.
on 8/28/10 10:44 am, edited 8/28/10 12:15 pm
Hi fellow Washingtonians,
Just wanted to drop a note in here to invite you to the Seattle DS WLS Support Group (everybody who has had any type of WLS is welcome, though, and of course those who are currently researching their options).

We meet once a month, the 2nd Saturday of the month, from 3pm-6pm, at the Sizzler in Tukwila.

Dr. Rabkin, from San Francisco, comes to this meeting once every 4 months, and gives a small talk and presentation on the pros and cons and history of Weight Loss Surgery. It's a very good, educational hour. We then have introductions, and discussion, and comraderie, and chatting time.

It's unusual, I realize, to meet at a restaurant, especially an all-you-can-eat type, but we like it, for the most part (and to me, it means "no shame" for being the shape and size we are).

We are in the back meeting room. Most of us just order food when we get there, then head back to the room.

Please join us for the Seattle DS Support Group.

Sizzler Restaurant, Tukwila, WA
Saturday, Sept. 11
3-6pm

Everyone is welcome.

We've had people come who are looking into weight loss surgery, people who have had surgery, people who have had RNY, VBG, VSG, and lap band. Anybody and everybody is welcome.

-anne s.

Learning about the DS? An excellent resource is www.dsfacts.com
For scientific studies about the DS and more, "friend" me, and then click on my profile. Best of luck on your journey.

Most Active