Off Topic - Fort Flagler

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/10 6:30 pm - Buckley, WA

Today , my son Chris , the kids & I went to Fort Flagler . We went to the annual Snohomish tribal celebration . Some of my friends are members & i've wanted to go for a couple of years . OMG - I wish Fort Flagler was closer . It was an absolutely perfect site for my grandkids . Especially since our annual ocean trip on tuesday & wednesday was such a bust .

For anyone who hasn't been there , Fort Flagler is near Port Townsend . It is surrounded by sal****er on three sides . There are camping sites , for those who like to camp . There are picnic areas , a jungle gym , a small store , a rest room , a boat launch , historical interests (bunkers) , etc....

Christopher (14 1/2) was in his glory . He loves anything to do with large bodies of water , especially sal****er . He climbed hills , walked the beaches , saw a pod of Orca's .....At one point he needed my car keys . When he didn't come back , I went to my car . He was asleep . Lol . He is also very proud of his Indian ancestry & enjoyed the drumming , dancing , etc...

Kati really had fun , too . We walked the beaches looking for sea shells & cool rocks . It was a great day .

Most Active