Doing Great 2weeks Out!

Dickson
on 8/14/10 1:31 am - Port Orchard, WA
VSG on 07/30/10 with
Hi Everyone,
Yesterday was my 2week point and I have lost 37lbs since the day of surgery and 45 from official wiegh in with the Dr prior to starting The Pathway at Madigan Army Medical Center.
My surgeon was Dr. Sesesta and both he and his staff where great.  The hospital itself was very very good.  Lot's of attention and lot's of support and encouragement.  My wife had the sleeve done the same day and she is also doing great.  She has lost almost 20lbs since the day of surgery.  We are both walking about 2 miles a day already and it feels really good.  No real hunger, just some head games but not too bad.  Protien is going down just fine and getting in our fluids.  Looking forward to starting mushies in a few days.  Good luck everyone!

mrs.mitchell
on 8/14/10 12:51 pm - Bremerton, WA
Thankyou for posting! I was wondering how things where going. I had my coonsult with dr.Sebesta on wensday and have a operation date for the 24th of Sep. i haven't seen very many people on here who are going thrue the miltary for their surgery. Who did your wife have? Hofelly I will have the same great exsperence as you!
Dickson
on 8/14/10 2:06 pm - Port Orchard, WA
VSG on 07/30/10 with
Mrs Mitchell,
You are in great hands with Dr. Sebesta.  He really takes care of business and makes sure everything is good to go.  Go in with a positive attitude and realize this is MAJOR surgery, so you will be a little sore and uncomfortable BUT nothing that you can't handle.  Just take it slow in the hospital and try and get up soon and often after the surgery to start the real healing process.  The more you move the better you will do.  I did so many laps around my floor and up and down the elevator to visit my wife I lost track!  We got put on different floors so our meds would not be mistaken.  My wife saw here primary care Dr and she is already off BP meds as well as the stuff for her diabitis.  Her blood suger levels are great and so is her BP is perfect. whoohoo!
You will do great, congrats and keep letting us know how it's going.

Most Active