Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?

MzScarlett
on 8/9/10 7:55 am - Seattle, WA
 Hi! The WA board seems to be very slow, I thought it would be fun if we could introduce ourselves and share some of our weight loss experiences. 

I'm a 29F in Seattle. I've been fighting with insurance to pay for my WLS for almost a year now, and was told they won't pay for my surgery until the end of next year. I was recently laid off, and have elected to self-pay while I have this down time. I just want to get my life back, ya know? I will be getting the VSG hopefully next month! I'm excited, yet extremely nervous at the same time.

For fun I like movies, playing with my dog, socializing with friends, spending time with the husband, gardening, reading, wine, playing in the Seattle sunshine (where is it?) and of course FOOD! Why do we have to have so many wonderful restaurants around?

I'm looking forward to hearing from some fellow Washingtonians! Hope you're all having a good summer. 
Nancy L.
on 8/9/10 8:12 am - University Place, WA

I'm 49 F in Tacoma WA, I had a DS done 7/7/10 still home recovering it was an open revision.  Things are going well and I'm very happy with my choice so far.

I work in Tacoma, I love to go dancing, and all the usual things people do for fun, looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Nancy

Awterpop
on 8/9/10 1:37 pm
Hi

I'm 52 (53 next week) living and working in the Tacoma area. I had my DS surgery 7/13/10 so I'm 4 weeks out.  Enjoying litle bits of smushy foods.

There are lots of us on here, but most of the time we seem to go to the board that holds the intertest in our surgery.  But don't worry, if you have a question and can't get it answered on a surgical board..someone here will come to the rescue. 

Cindy       
RNYMom
on 8/9/10 4:06 pm - Lacey, WA
I'm a 54 yr old, living and working in Olympia.  Over 10 years post-op.  Lost almost 200 pounds within first 2 years.  Kept most of the weight off for first 5 years, but I have regained half of what I lost over the last 5 years.  In fact, thanks to a bad snack habit, I have lost and gained the same 40 pounds a few times over and over, I am back up to 255 today, so I'm once again committed to getting back on track, using my tool to regain control of my life. 

330 / 150 / 255 / 180 (highest / lowest / current / goal)
Stephanie M.
on 8/10/10 3:18 am, edited 8/10/10 3:19 am
Hi, I am Stephanie, 60 F living in Snohomish...I had my surgery May 28, 2010 and have had an uneventful course so far.  I have lost 32 lb since May 14, 13 pre-op and 19 post-op and had my first fill yesterday...went without a hitch and took about 15 min.
My younger (by 13 years)brother had lap-band in April 2009 with great results and he inspired me to get the surgery.
I have a knee that needs to be replaced and debilitating back problems that have kept me from working for three and a half years, so my surgery is my ticket back to mobility and knee replacement.
I am on Medicare and have Regence Med-Advantage and my surgery was 100% covered, for this I am extremely thankful.  I was willing to self-pay, but since it is covered, I did not have to.
My surgeon is Dr Hunter at VM in Federal Way.  It is a ways to go for fills and check-ups, but now I don't have to go quite so often, it isn't too bad.
I have an almost 2 year old male Labradoodle named Eddie

and he is our furry "child"...we have been married 43 years and have two grown children and 7 grandchildren that are 18, 16. 14 and 4 are twelve and a half.  Our oldest granddaughter graduated from Sedro Wooley HS in June and is off to WSU in a week or so...
We travel a lot to visit friends and family in California, Lake Chelan and Maui. 
Life is good despite some bumps in the road and our family and friends are the reason...
Hope to meet some of you, maybe a get together for all the Washington WLS vets???
Stephanie

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

mrs.mitchell
on 8/10/10 7:27 am - Bremerton, WA
33f living in Bremerton, I get my surgery date tommrow. I started this process in Arpil and it has been cruising right along. I'm having my surgery done thrue the navy so I den't have to deal with an insurence company. I'm looking forward to no more back pain and energy! I can't lie I also want to beable to buy smaller clothes. I worked out for a yr lost almost 60 pounds but was never able to break the 200 mark.i love going to Seattle for the day. THare's so much to do thare.. It's pretty quiet in our little town.
dragonflydiva
on 8/11/10 1:29 pm
39F living in La Center (just north of Vancouver) and am getting ready to go to my first day of appointments next week unless I change to a facility in Portland. I'm on the fence between the two. Hoping to have VSG as soon as possible.

My hobbies are photography, camping, travel, hiking, reading, crafting, hanging out with my husband and kids. I am also a cake baker. Fun cakes like on tv.... except without the awesome facilities to bake in.   

Summer has been great here and I'd be even happier if summer (the season) actually showed up. Maybe this fall??? (-:

Looking forward to making friends!!!

Shelley

It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot  

5'10"  Pre-op 315  SW 307  CW 216 SGW 174 MGW 160

Angie B.
on 9/2/10 5:22 am - Seaside, OR
Shelley,  I'm in Vancouver.  Are you having surgery in Vancouver?  I had mine at SWMC and had a great experience.   

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
dragonflydiva
on 9/2/10 10:50 am
Hi Angie!! I am having surgery at SWMC and am so happy to hear of someone's great experience!! (-: You tend to always hear the bad.
 It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot  

5'10"  Pre-op 315  SW 307  CW 216 SGW 174 MGW 160

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/14/10 5:34 pm
I'm 45 F in Olympia. I had DS in India, and my hobbies now are much more strenuous than they were before my surgery, lol.

Today, I went wake boarding and jet skiing, and during the winter we have season ski passes so go at least several days a week. We swim a lot when it's this warm. We like to travel too, and some of these things weren't even possible for me before losing around 170 pounds. I have to make up for lost time now.
Most Active