To sleeve or not to sleeve?

mrs.mitchell
on 7/22/10 2:19 pm - Bremerton, WA
This is my very first post, I've been going thrue the pathway since May. I have an appt. on Aug. 11th to get my surgery date and I am so confused. I keep flopping like a fish on what I want. I've read a ton of good review's on sleeve's but I'm still worried. I need to lose 85 pounds and I'm not shure if I'll be able to do it with a sleeve. I'm only 33 and don't have any medical issues other than weight right now. I do have a ton of health issues in my family history thow. I was able to lose 63 pounds with the help of a trainer but never broke 200 and gained almost 25 pounds of that back since nov. I just don't want to go thrue this surgery for nothing.
Hislady
on 7/22/10 2:45 pm - Vancouver, WA
From what I've been reading on the sleeve board it seems to be pretty effective, just don't waste your money on a lap band! Good luck whatever you decide on.
Helen_Anne
on 7/24/10 10:20 am - Bremerton, WA
What I am hearing about the sleeve is that its almost as good as the RNY... without the dumping syndrome!

I think I would have choosen the sleeve if I had had that option... but I DO love my RNY!!!

You may need to be more carefull about what you eat since there is not much of  malabsorption component to the sleeve... you will have to be more carefull about what you eat.

Keep us updated.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

mrs.mitchell
on 7/24/10 11:44 am - Bremerton, WA
Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the dr. say's. I am defnitly not a fan of the lap band. I know that that would not be the best option for me.
Mini.me
on 7/30/10 3:07 am
I had the sleeve in January and have dropped 60 pounds.  I have 8 to go until I hit my goal.  155 was my nut and psych goal, but I felt 135 was a better option.

With 85 pounds to lose, you are considered a lightweight as well.  My doctor felt that I could lose all I needed to with the sleeve.  Looks like he was right!

Good luck - let me know if you have questions.

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

mrs.mitchell
on 7/30/10 4:48 am - Bremerton, WA
Thank you mini for youre post. I just want to make shure that I will be able to lose all the weight that I need to. I"m counting down the day's until I get my surgery dat. I am so ready to start living life. Congralation's on you'r success. I hope to be where you are in the near future!
Mini.me
on 8/23/10 12:44 pm
So sorry I missed this.  Your appt has come and gone.  What did you decide?

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

Most Active