Post Operative Nutrition Plans

peasncarrots
on 7/1/10 3:27 am
Hi all!  I am 1 week post op and seeking information on the post operative nutrition plans of others.

I am most interested in:
   duration of clear liquid and protein shakes only?
   is dairy permitted?
   amount of supplements (vitamins and protein shakes) after tolerating regular food?
   your doctor's philosophy on achieving nutritional balace through foods primarily or     
       supplementation?

Thanks for any help and advice!

Carrie

vitalady
on 7/3/10 3:16 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I had Dr. Fox and Dr. Oh, way back when. Since then, Dr. Srikanth also worked with these guys.

So, 4 weeks clears.
No pureed
with Dr. S, no milk (which is what I adhere to)
with Dr. O, he now says no dairy (thinks it's a loophole to ice cream - i don't agree)

We take all the vites that will cause trouble on limited food volume and/or malabsorption.

They want us to eat normal foods, BUT the main needs are met via supplements.

With the exception of having gotten involved with sugar 3 times, I've kept my wt 105-115 16 yrs. I'd say, roughly, that it works pretty well.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Stephanie M.
on 7/10/10 12:14 am
Hi Carrie...did you decide not to change docs?

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

peasncarrots
on 7/13/10 5:33 am
Stephanie,
Yes I am changing doc's - I have my first fill with Cat next week!  Thanks so much for your help. 

Do you attend a support group?

Thanks!

Carrie

Stephanie M.
on 7/13/10 8:14 am
I haven't yet, looking for one close to home...

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active