Question about referral to Madigan and surgeons

sdld2001
on 6/30/10 11:55 am - Summerville, SC
In the next week or so my PCP is going to send in my referral for surgery at Madigan. Just curious how long it takes to find out if your referral is approved by the group bariatric overview. Also, are any of the surgeons other than Dr. Martin (I heard he was currently deployed?) currently doing the duodenal switch?

TIA everyone!
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Turtle13
on 6/30/10 4:17 pm - WA
Hi Mindee, it has been awhile since I went through the Pathways and I think they have revamped it since I went through, but it was a couple months from the time the referral was put in for me to go to the intro class.

I had no idea Dr. Martin was deployed. That sucks, he was my surgeon and just so awesome. I just posted on the DS board for somebody to ask for him if they go to Madigan. I know another person who got their DS and I believe she had Dr. Beekley. Good luck on your journey and I hope you get the call soon!
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
LisaAnn
on 7/11/10 8:07 am - WA
I am not sure either of the new pathway, but I do know that they have a new coordinator, so hopefully that will streamline things quite a bit!

Yes, Dr. Martin deployed on May 13th. He did my hernia surgery / tummy tuck the day before he left. (Boy was I thankful he squeezed me in, as he did a phenominal job!!!).

As for other DS surgeons, I am not sure of that, but I would definietly inquire. I really love my DS life, and like to shout from the rooftops what a great surgery this has been! I had a pouch with my VBG in 2006, and really hated it, but now, with the DS, I am just like pre-op, well, except for the weight loss, but no issues, problems or anything....I am very grateful for my DS!

I hope you find the answers you are seeking and that your referral moves along fast!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active