developed stricture two and a half weeks out

writerscrawlz
on 6/29/10 1:29 am - Cheney, WA
Hi.  I haven't been here for a bit because of a struggle I'm going through.  At just two and a half weeks out, I developed a stricture, and due to how newly I'm out, doctors are reluctant to touch the issue.  Also, knowing how dangerous it can be (this new out), I am in agreement, so at the moment, I'm reduced to orange juice, water, and a couple of other items.  Two ounces is the most I can handle about every four to five hours, and even that is pushing it.  Literally, I'm taking it moment by moment, attempting to hold out for another week before the procedure is done!

Other than that, I still feel great!  I wanna bike ride, hike, jump on my trampoline, and go on a photo bear hunt!  The other day, I captured a young doe kneeling in the grass; I stopped and talked to her for several minutes before she wandered off.  I got within ten feet of her!  

It is frustrating to know I need far more nutrition than I am able to ingest, but at least I'm trying!!  :)
MeaganJo
on 6/29/10 3:17 am - Spokane, WA
Sorry to hear that you have had a bit of a struggle, hang in there. Sounds like you are doing well everywhere else and that is good to hear! That must of been something else getting that close to the doe.

My new pouch was born 7/19/10
~meg~
writerscrawlz
on 6/29/10 6:28 am - Cheney, WA
Oh, yeah!  I absolutely loved it - that's sort of like a treat (in my mind) given the frustration I'm experiencing.  Also, I've noticed that my esphagus is having spasms whether I am eating or not - not fun!  This is in addition to the constant throwing up - but I was reassured that it was not anything I did or did not do. 

I do not regret, for a single moment, my decision to have this done.  This too shall pass
MeaganJo
on 6/30/10 3:19 am - Spokane, WA
It is good that you have such a good attitude about the situation! Heal quickly and enjoy the nature!
Most Active