Residency program at the University of WA - plastic surgery

sweetkathleen
on 6/26/10 12:58 pm - Seattle, WA
Hello everyone-
I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the residency program at he university of WA hopsital for plastic surgery? I heard that it's a lot cheaper if you go through this program. I have an appointment on July 13th, 2010 for my first plastic surgery. I had a friend that told me that one of the doctors told her that she couldn't go through the residency program. I was just wondering what the process was.

Thanks for your help,
Kathleen

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/28/10 3:05 pm - Buckley, WA
I had my tummy tuck at U.W. through the residency program 11-2008 . I had a great experience . My GP was thrilled with my decision , which surprised me  . It's a great program , which benefits both the patient & the resident . You can't be an overly modest person , though . You will have several strangers looking at your body , before , during & after surgery . My TT cost under $4,000.00 . I have only one regret . That I live so far from U.W. Lol . Let me know if you want to knw anything else . I'm a Kathleen , too .

Holly M.
on 7/7/10 11:33 am

Hi,
Can you tell me what the process was like?  Did you just call and make an appointment or did you have to get a referal?  How long did it take to get an appointment?  How long after your appointment was your surgery?  Was the after care covered in the price?  Anything else we should know....lol???
~HB

The best way to predict the future is to invent it! ~Alan Kay
Hugs,      
  ~Holly

karen C.
on 7/7/10 8:24 pm - Kennewick, WA

Hi Holly,

I'm in the process of gathering info for an extensive upper thigh lift probaby next summer. I called the U  and got info from a nice man. I'm away from home right now or I could give you more info. The quote I got for the thigh lift was about $5200.00. From a private surgeon in Bellevue it was about $14000.00. Quite a difference.

I was told to call in January when I was about 6 months from wanting surgery. The consult is $250.00. Credit card billing can be used also. I plan to get "flyer miles" and then pay it off right away. I'm saving money from my part time job and I start drawing SS next March. That will be a gift to me.

Hope this helps. I have the contact numbers at home but if you call the UW and tell them you want to speak to someone in the Residency program and that you want info on plastic surgery they will be able to help you.

Karen C

Holly M.
on 7/12/10 11:49 am
Karen,
Thank you for the info. I would love to get that phone number from u!  My email is [email protected]
~HB
Hugs,      
  ~Holly

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/8/10 2:55 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Holly . When I called initially , I was put on an appt. list . They called in aprox. a month & I got an appt for the next month , or month after . You pay for the consultation , after that all appts (pre-op & post-op) are included in the surgery price . It is a great program . If you have any specific questions , just let me know . Kathy

Holly M.
on 7/12/10 11:53 am
Hey Kathy!  I think I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow if I can figure out the right phone number...lol!!  I guess I'll just call the main board and hope they can transfer me to the right dept... Wish me Luck!!!

~HB
Hugs,      
  ~Holly

dznydiva
on 7/9/10 10:44 am
Okay so has anyone had their "girls" done here?  I have only lost about 45lbs so far but I can already tell when I am done losing that I will want my boobs done. They are so sad already.  :o( 

A dream is a wish your heart makes!   DznyDiva
HW 244/SW224/CW164/GW150

Most Active