Madigan? For Gastric?

bahiagrl59
on 6/24/10 1:19 pm

How did you get gastric at Madigan? I would much prefer that hospital than civilian. My hubby is retired and we have tricare prime.THanks Kelly

EverydayJoan
on 6/28/10 3:13 am - Yelm, WA
Good morning. You'll need a referral from your primary, BMI of 40 or over or 35 with comorbididies. That will get you into the group bariatric overview, from which they will put you on "the Pathway". Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Joan

LisaAnn
on 6/30/10 10:09 am - WA
You can go to a civillian doctor that takes Tricare. Have your PCP put in a referral to a surgeon that does the surgery you want, and takes Tricare. You can find out if they take Tricare by a) calling some local surgeons that you have researched that do your surgery type, or b) call Tricare and ask for a listing of surgeons that perform the type of surgery you want and of course take Tricare.

Or, if you chose the Madigan route, have your PCP submit your referral to Madian and you will beging the Pathway program once your referral is approved, and you come up on the wait list.

Personally I have done both (I had VBG with a civillian doctor in 2006, and then had my revision surgery with a Madigan surgeon). The reason I went to Madigan for my revision was I chose the DS, and currently Tricare does not approve the DS, so I had to go to Madigan to get it done.

Good luck!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active