Leap of Faith , heading to Mexico

kaiti1965
on 6/22/10 3:37 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Well I did it, I applied for a Medical Loan, and guess what I got the darn thing, I had contacted a patient facilitator for Mexican Physicians, and researched a lot of the physicians.  Finally chose one after talking to several people about several doctors.  Anyways, today I accepted the loan, will fax it back in the morning, and booked my flight for my mom and I to go to San Diego, then Tijuana on July 23.

Im compiling a list of things I should have for when I return, and was wondering what all you folks did to prepare.  Im not scared per say, IM anxious. I guess its the change, it has been roughly 13 yrs since I had started putting on weight due to various hormone disorders, type 2 diabetes, etc.  And frankly its become kind of a warm fuzzy blanket.  Change at times is hard  But this is good change, its whats best for my health and for me.  So any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.  And if you went to Mexico for your surgery, please share your experiences with me, good and bad.

Thanks for reading.

Kathy in Wenatchee
Hislady
on 6/23/10 3:00 am - Vancouver, WA
Best of luck to you! You might want to check out MidwesternGirl's profile, she has done a great deal of research on Mexican facilities.
gail *
on 6/24/10 12:06 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi Kathy,

May I suggest you post your question on the forum RNY, DS or Lap Band etc...  You will get better response from other's that have had there surgery in Mexico.
bahiagrl59
on 7/12/10 1:35 pm
Good luck I hope all goes well for you!! Look forward to hearing of your experience.
Most Active