Hi Washington! Im one month out

Julybaby29
on 6/30/10 10:37 am
Hi.Thanks for the advise! I tried the "back brace" I had & it really helped.Take care
Kindle
on 6/29/10 7:14 am
 Is your stomach still distended? When I had surgery last year I didn't have a BM for over 6 weeks and even though I lost 50 pounds in the hospital my stomach was larger than before because of constipation from all the pain medications I was on. The doctors might be wanting to cut you back on pain meds so that you can start having more regular potty visits.
Surgery date 05/13/2010
HW: 291
SW: 280
CW:

GW: 160
Julybaby29
on 6/30/10 10:45 am
My stomach is the same size as it was pre-op! Even though I have lost 47 lbs post-op! I visit the bathroom pretty regularly. Ive heard meds can make it difficult to lose weight. I have taken one pill here & there in the last week but Im hoping to be completely off of them. Im just worried about trading one "crutch" for another. I want to be careful....I have the personality to over do what ever I do. How are you doing 1 yr out? Was it hard to lose that belly weight? Take Care
Kindle
on 7/1/10 2:09 am
 The surgery I had last year was for my leg when a car hit me on my motorcycle. Unrelated to this surgery except that we're hoping that by losing weight it'll take some of the pressure off my bones and stress off the skin graft while they continue to heal. Right now I'm 6 weeks out of WLS and down 44 pounds. As for the distention in the hospital, as soon as I was able to have regular BM and clear out my intestines my stomach started shrinking drastically. Took a couple of months but it went away.
Surgery date 05/13/2010
HW: 291
SW: 280
CW:

GW: 160
Julybaby29
on 7/1/10 9:08 am
Ouch! Congrats on the 44 lbs! Im about 2 months out and Im down 48! How are you feeling now?
Most Active