Other Bandsters in Snohomish Area??

Stephanie M.
on 6/8/10 1:16 am
Hi! I was banded on May 28th at Virginia Mason, but wondering if there are any bandsters in the Snohomish, Mill Creek area??

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Hislady
on 6/8/10 12:50 pm - Vancouver, WA
There is a group up north that meets once a month led by Lisa O from the band forum, I'll send her over here to give you the info.
Lisa O.
on 6/10/10 7:19 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Got your message.  Thanks Lady!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Lisa O.
on 6/10/10 7:18 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Hi Stephanie! 
Congratulations and welcome to banded life!  I have a support group that I lead that meets once a month near Southcenter.  It'sn not close for you but many of us come from a great distance and we selected Tukwila because its' somewhat central.  We have people that come from West Seattle, Ellensburg, Puyallup, etc. and I live in Snoqualmie!

We would love to have you join us.  We meet on the last Saturday of each month at 9 a.m. at the Starbucks in Tukwila.  Let me know if you are interested and "friend" me so I can add me on my list to send reminders, etc.

We have a very open and fun group of band patients pre and post op at all stages of the banded journey.

I hope you'll join us sometime!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Stephanie M.
on 6/15/10 1:04 am
Thanks Lisa!  This month I am in Chelan with my family when you meet, but will try to make the July meeting.  I will be ready to "graduate" to some raw fruit and veggies by then and need some ideas for sure!  I look forward to meeting everyone!
Stephanie

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Lisa O.
on 6/15/10 7:51 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Great!
Mark July 31st at 9 a.m. on your calendar!

Enjoy Chelan! 

Lisa O.

Britt U.
on 6/15/10 4:06 pm - Mill Creek, WA
Hi,

I'm a former bandster (just revised to a sleeve last week) and I live in Mill Creek. There's a support group at Steven's sponsored by Pacific Nutrition and Wellness. There's also a really good one over at Overlake that has a nutritionist who facilitiates. Both are good.

Britt
stephbens
on 6/15/10 5:04 pm
Britt,

Hi it's me Stephanie from Small World Montessori, our kids were in class together.  How are you?  I'm getting ready to get the DS soon(june 29th).  How is everything going?  Daryl is in school at Woodinville Montessori now.  How are the boys?
Britt U.
on 6/15/10 5:13 pm - Mill Creek, WA
Hi Stephanie!

Of course I remember you, Daryl is such a little doll. I'm doing great and so are the boys. Lucas is just wrapping up 1st grade and Logan is excited about kindergarten next year.

Why the DS from the get-go? Have you considered the VSG and just adding the switch later if you really, really need it? I had a year to wait for my insurance battle and there were just so many thrilled sleevers I knew it was what I wanted to do. The data on success with just the sleeve was so good I decided not to go all the way to DS. Not that I can give you much personal experience yet - I'm just a week out.

Congrats though on whatever you decide - it's a great step. I'd lost most all my weight with the band before it slipped and sprung a leak. I wish I'd acted sooner to revise and not regained everything.

Britt
Aberdare
on 6/16/10 11:37 am - Bellevue, WA

Hi there,  Overlake Hospital has a great support group for ALL weight loss surgery types. It is a proactive group that meets twice a month at the hospital. The next meeting is sat June 26th at 10:00AM.  They are held on the second Thursday 6:00PM to 8:00PM and 4th Sat.

The bariatric program manager is Christina Armstrong and she is great . Sometimes one of the surgeons drops in and we have guest speakers. At the last Thursday meeting we had a nitritionist bring samples of shakes and drinks for us to try.  Last month we had a therapist and one time a plastic surgeon. People come from everywhere, Everett, Sultan Snoqualmie, Puyallup Enumclaw as well as Bellevue and Seattle. Try and visit and check us out

Most Active