First Post

Nancy L.
on 5/28/10 7:49 am - University Place, WA
Hi this is my first post to this or actually any forum on this site.  I am scheduled for a revision at St Francis on 6/30/10.  I am struggling to lose the weight I was asked to lose prior to surgery the scale is so stuck at the same place it always gets stuck and I'm feeling very frustrated and hungry.  Does anyone have any suggestions to help push the scale past this point (other then manually adjusting it lol)

Nancy

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/28/10 9:24 am - WA
Nancy I think we all struggle at times. I would say follow your Dr.s plan and don't look at the scale to often once a week for me. Stay on your protein drinks and vitamins. Try walking or some low inpact work out! A good support person will help! Smile and stay positive!

Merrilou
Nancy L.
on 5/28/10 9:53 am - University Place, WA

I'm trying to stay positive , the scale refusing to budge and worry about which surgery I will wake up with is starting to wear on me though.  I have started back to the gym so here's hoping some serious time on the treadmill can make things happen.

Nancy

Udamnskippy
on 5/29/10 1:47 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Nancy I myself and many others had a horrible time trying to loose weight pre-op.. I was on a Low carb High protien diet myself and was giving it all I got... but I was hardly loosing.. I was getting worried that the Doc was going to postpone my surg date. But the 14day liquid diet I was on just prior to my surgery day was the savior. Its tough no doubt about it. Please stay strong and determined to get your self to your goal....  It will be so worth it.
Steve          
Nancy L.
on 5/31/10 6:54 am - University Place, WA
I am really not looking forward to the 10 day liquid diet I have to do before mine but I will do what I have to do in order to get it done.  Thank you for the encouragement.

Nancy
stephbens
on 6/1/10 2:29 pm
Hey Nancy,

I'm having my revision on the 29th.  It is hard as all get out, but I have found limited success with low carb.  I just have to constantly watch it.  What surgery are you having done?

Steph
Nancy L.
on 6/1/10 2:54 pm - University Place, WA
He called me today and changed my date to July 7th, his assistant was not available on the 30th, and I want a Medial bypass I won't know for sure what I got until I wake up, could be a switch or a sleeve depending on what he finds when he gets in there.

Nancy
MeaganJo
on 6/1/10 2:46 pm - Spokane, WA
I personally suggest a water aerobics class you will get more out of it than walking and also sticking to the diet that your nut put you on. I am not on the diet yet but I am in the water and love the classes. It just took a lot to of me getting over the bathing suit aspect and I did right off the bat and that was amazing!!!! Oh the freedom you have in the water! Good luck!

~Meg~

My new pouch was born 7/19/10
~meg~
Nancy L.
on 6/1/10 2:57 pm - University Place, WA
I'm going to try my firs****er aerobics class at the gym on Thursday evening, I don't really have any issues about the swim suit if they don't like the way I look in it I suggest they look somewhere else lol.

Nancy
Most Active