stuck to diet despite house break in

writerscrawlz
on 5/27/10 2:57 pm - Cheney, WA
I've been gone for a couple of days due to a break in at my house.  Sadly, my computer that I use for work was taken and renter's insurance won't cover it because it is under the deductible - not good for a writer/photograher!  In spite of that, I still stayed to the pre-op diet - though the last couple of days have beeen spent in tears.

I did the police report, talked to the management, and am now waiting on them to change the locks with electronic ones.  I've ranted, cried, steamed, and did everything I could to distract me from food...and has it been a difficult road.

I told myself that at least I will be better protected...they didn't get my cameras...I didn't walk in on the robbery...communications opened up where I live and others are doing what they can to protect their things...and telling myself that somehow, God will provide a new computer so I can get back to work.

I also motivated myself and managed to raise almost two hundred towards a new (lojack included) laptop - and am trying not to think about the fact that I still owe $400 on the one I will more than likely never see again - and I'm trying to stay positive about things in general...

Most of all, I'm glad I didn't bust out of the pre-op diet straight into the comfort foods...please pray for my sanity, trust, and faith.  I know mentally that God provides, but at the moment, I'm feeling edgy toward people who live close to me that I don't know well - because I wonder if it was them...

Thanks, just for letting me rant...
Kathy

Billie Jo C.
on 5/28/10 6:55 am - Spokane, WA
I'm sorry to here that Kathy..

I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope for things to get better for you. There was a robbery just a few blocks from where my son lives here in Spokane. Whats wrong with people? Its very sad that others have to pray on people in such a manner.

I hope the police are able to help you. Keep me posted on the situation. And hang in there Things will start looking up for you soon.

-Billie
Susan O.
on 5/28/10 12:27 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

I feel your pain! We also had a break-in (Apr 2) and it is hard to get over. We lost almost $35,000. worth of stuff, and the insurance paid us $13,000.00. And we had "replacement coverage! Unfortunately, most of it was in gold jewelry my husband had bought for me in UAE and Italty, and is irreplacable. We only had a $10,000. jewelry rider on the ins., as that is what was advised when we got the ins.  - of course the price of gold has tripled since then!  We lost 2 laptops, and of course didn't have lots of the stuff backed up, etc. They stole our safe (about the size of a dorm refrig - took 2-3 people to move), so we are also having to watch for idenity theft since they have our passports, birth certs, and etc.  So, as I said, I truly understand the need to do ANYTHING but eat!
God blessed us so much in the days following the robbery with lots of loving comfort, and the gift of wonderful family and friends. We also got a buyer "out of the blue" for a car we had been wanting to sell, but hadn't even posted yet!
Hang in there - all will be well.

HUGS!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

writerscrawlz
on 5/29/10 12:27 am - Cheney, WA
Thank you, both of you.  Being on a fixed income forces me to be very creative, but one idea I've come up with to raise money for a new laptop is a raffle.  I'll be selling $2.00 tickets and the prize will be pet portraits (more than a $100 value) - that way there's something to be gained from both sides.

Family is going to help some and a few friends are also pitching in.  Even better, a neighbor has offered to loan me her laptop while I recover.  I'm definitely feeling love and support.  My goal? To raise the money within two weeks.  With the power of God, I think it is possible.  One thing is for sure: it has altered my view of reality.  I'm typically a happy-go-lucky person and I'm angry that part of me was also stolen - and that, my friends, was priceless.  I refuse to live in a bubble though - I plan to enjoy life all the more, thank you very much. 

Remember the poem 'Footprints in the Sand'? Well, He's carrying me at the moment...

Most Active