Back from hernia repair with tummy tuck at Madigan!

LisaAnn
on 5/19/10 3:08 pm - WA
I have been missing for a while. Life has been really crazy for me!!

I just had a hernia (one huge one and 4 small) repair and tummy tuck last Wednesday! Dr. Martin did a fabulous job. I am just in shock at how well it turned out. (So anyone contemplating a tummy tuck, you will not be disapointed!)

The pain is pretty bad,but actually better than I had anticipated,  but I am sure it will all be well worth it very soon!!

Well, just wanted to update and check in!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Turtle13
on 5/20/10 2:12 pm - WA
Hi Lisa!

Glad to hear you got your hernias repaired and tummy tuck! You lucky girl. I hope all is well and the pain is less with each day.

Kim
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
rebeccaford
on 5/21/10 5:38 am - Honolulu, HI
 Cool!  Not the pain part but glad you got a tuck and those darn hernias fixed.  I don't have any lose skin on my belly so luckily I won't need a tummy tuck.  Hope you heal up fast!!
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

LisaAnn
on 5/22/10 5:05 am - WA
Thanks!! The healing is going fast, thank goodness! I love the results so much, it is worth any pain!! I get my staples and third drain out Monday!! WOOO HOOOO!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Revision from 2006 - VBG

netta
on 5/25/10 2:55 pm
hi Lisa
If you want to try our Bariatric Weight Loss Support Group,we are not a part of the Madigan Pathway.it is ran by people like me who have had their surgery at Madigan and want to help you thru your process,it is opened to everyone,also your support person can come,
we meet every week at the ACS Building on Ft Lewis, on thursdays afternoon 5-7 pm.this building is where the welfare/WIC center is,the battlebean coffee shop is in this building too, on 12th an Liggett Ave,across from Waller hall
We have been active for over 5 years,we have close to 140 members,some of which are deployed,so alot of spouses,but we help each other,no one is being paid to be there,
This group is alot of fun,
give us a try
I too had Dr. Martin,the RGB,almost 3 years ago,I have lost and maintained 177lbs,Martin is fantastic!!
come join our  group
thanx Redd
LisaAnn
on 5/27/10 11:33 am - WA
Redd,

I so wish that I could attend the meetings....but sadly, I am 2 + hours away, all the way north in Marysville! I hate that!

When I had my hernia repair and tummy tuck, I found an awesome lady that informed me that the Military would pay for lodging for my family and I to stay at Ft. Lewis as long as needed for recovery. It was so awesome! My husband and 4 kids and one dog (LOL) got to stay in a really nice hotel instead of driving back and forth like we did for my WLS!  SO AWESOME!

We wish we lived closer, but my husband was Navy (retired now) and was at Everett Naval Station, so we are just too far away!!!

Thank you very much for the invite though..and next time I go see Vitalady to re-stock my vits, I will have to coordinate it with your meetings. I would love to go to some, as we have no support up this way!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Revision from 2006 - VBG

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 5/27/10 2:44 pm
I was wondering where you went. I am so happy to see that you are doing well. How is ashlee doing if you have been able to talk to her lately?
newlisab
on 6/2/10 1:40 pm
Ashlee is doing great :<)  She is super tiny now; and healthy to boot - She is working out like an athelete and is training for a marathon :<)
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 6/3/10 5:38 am

Thank you for the update. She has been on my mind. I am happy to hear she is doing so well. I knew she would. Such a sweet heart. I see you are doing very well. Dr. Martin was my surgeon too. I miss him already. I am very thankful for him. He has given me a second chance at life.

newlisab
on 6/5/10 5:44 am
Your welcome :<) Congrats on your success _ I couldnt agree more- I include him in my prayers:)
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

Most Active