Walking buddy near Cheney?

writerscrawlz
on 5/17/10 12:46 pm - Cheney, WA
Hi. My surgery date is June 2 and I'm trying to make plans now for exercise.  Due to some vision loss (unable to see side to side), I decided to allow my license to expire.  I'm sure animals and people alike are thrilled over that decision!  Anyway, I'm hoping to find a walking buddy/talk buddy.

I currently have one friend who is very judgemental and has told me that I could die during this, that I'm silly for doing this, and that it is unfair that I can get the surgery done for free (we won't go there)  I simply explained I had co-pays to make and dropped the subject.  Said friend said that when I lose my first 50 pounds, she'd take me out for cake.

I do have many friends (real ones), but most do not understand the weight issue.  My family, fortunately, is very supportive, but alas, they live several states away.  Positive friends will have a lasting impact...gads, I'm going on and on...basically, is there somebody out there that can use a walking buddy as well as a buddy to talk to on the phone?
Thanks,
Kathy
MacawMother
on 5/17/10 6:51 pm
Hi from Spokane!   I'm pretty close but I would not be a good one to walk with.  I exercise at weird times of the day because I work a swing shift.  I'm here close by though and would be willing to talk with you.  PM me if you're interested!

MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
writerscrawlz
on 5/18/10 12:20 am - Cheney, WA
You're a Godsend!  Just knowing there are folks out there who have had it done, who are experiencing what I am right now - and folks who are just starting the process has made this site number one in my book!

With folks at every stage, it really helps me figure out some issues before they occur.  Also, I will be attending the support group on Thursdays!

My number is 362-2328 - and thank you!!
Kathy
MacawMother
on 5/18/10 5:05 am
I will call you on the weekend.

I'm glad you plan on attending the support groups but I won't be at the same one.  I went to Surgical Bariatrics Northwest in Post Falls http://www.surgicalbariatrics.com so my support group meetings are on Tuesday nights in Post Falls.  They have an awesome pre-op and post-op program there.  A co-worker went through the Rockwood Clinic though. 
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
writerscrawlz
on 5/18/10 10:41 am - Cheney, WA
Thank you - I look forward to your call.

From what I can tell, it is difficult to obtain a center for excellence, so I've a feeling I'm in good hands.

I just started the pre-op diet - found that yogurt works best with the powder.  I may get the Genisoy - Ultra-XT Natural Unflavored Protein Powder to add to broth, soup, and even warm non-caffinated tea.  The vanilla tasted too watery, but I purchased some soy milk and with half a cup, I think it will work  I like water well enough, but when it comes to a shake type meal, thicker is better for me.

Enjoy your evening,
Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/10 1:52 pm - .., WA
Wow look at you girl!! Congrats!! Your losing so fast, you must be thrilled :)
writerscrawlz
on 5/18/10 11:23 pm - Cheney, WA
The hardest thing for me to chuck - and chuck for good has been soda.  I drank (no kidding) one to two liters of coke a day. After my mama died last year, I packed on an additional 50 pounds.  I'd love to try swimming, but at  my weight, fear keeps me from walking into a gym.  LOL, however, I do have my own treadmill, mini trampoline, dance videos, ab doer, eliptical machine, super ab-lounge, and a rowing machine - wait, did I say I wanted to go into a gym?

I get plenty of stares now while walking my dog, cat calls from university students (who (A) need to grow up and (B) must me VERY desperate and hard up asking me to marry them - and you know, that only adds to my fear of going swimming in a pool.

Today, it shall be the mini trampoline and 'dance off the inches' - even if I can't keep up with the video, I know I'm at least moving - and speaking of which, I have a large collie that needs a walk (and the good thing is, I know every time I head out that door, we are getting between a half mile and mile!) and if he is as frisky as he was yesterday, he'll be pinching my butt to hurry me along!  When I'm thinner, I'll be pinching his right back when he starts to lag behind!)

MacawMother
on 5/20/10 5:39 am
Was that directed at me?   If so thanks!  I'm just following the program... mostly.  I bought a food journal a couple weeks ago and I've been using that every day.  I need to up my water though.  I got dehydrated Monday and my blood pressure was really low which made me dizzy and light headed.  I got over that and feel better now.  I also have been slacking on the exercise.  I am going to work on that (always hated exercise!)   I see Shirley at her private practice too and I think that helps.  I attend 3 support group meetings a month.  I wish you were closer so we could meet!  
writerscrawlz
on 5/20/10 6:20 am - Cheney, WA
LOL - wish we lived closer too.  However, I am proud to say I walked THREE MILES today and I'm proud!!!  Also, I figured out that with sugar free pudding, my vanilla protein is a perfect fit!  Carbs are low and I use soy milk (unflavored) so it keeps even the calories low.  I use yogurt as well, and right now, I'm experimenting more than anything else.  I want quite the variety and pudding can be made into a liquid!!!

Wind is picking up now, rain will start soon, and feeling confident with my day, I'm going to grab my dog and take a snooze (he likes naps too!)

All - have a great day! :)

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/10 12:15 pm - .., WA
Yes, it was for you :) I don't love exercise either, I'm trying though. The last month or so Ive been good :)

Shirley is great. I would love to see her too, for other stuff I deal with. I am wanting to make a meeting soon. If I can I will let you know so we can at least know who each other is :)

Now, go get a glass of water LOL :)
Most Active