surgery in two weeks - and nervous but excited

writerscrawlz
on 5/14/10 3:11 am - Cheney, WA
My surgery will be in two weeks.  I spend a lot of time in the woods (freelance nature photographer) and am a bit concerned about drinking enough water while hiking.  Currently, I drink about four 32oz cups a day of water.  Any suggestions?  I meet with the surgeon today and plan on bringing that up.  I easily look track of time if I spot a particular animal or scene and am more focused with staying in focus! 

Also, I am wondering about getting together with a couple of others who may be interested  in doing some hiking (that share my love of nature)

One last item: I look forward to being an active member here (and hopefully, even more active on the outside!)
Thanks
Writerscrawlz

MeaganJo
on 5/14/10 11:42 am - Spokane, WA
Hey we are going to the same office just a different surgeon! Good luck with your surgery I am still waiting on my final appt. with Dr. Bright...

My new pouch was born 7/19/10
~meg~
writerscrawlz
on 5/14/10 11:25 pm - Cheney, WA
Have heard great things about him...remember the ad 'you're in good hands'? Took me about two months to get everything approved after the initial consult - not because I wasn't willing to go sooner, but because the psych eval had a long wait.  Good luck!
gardinerwife
on 5/17/10 9:00 am
If you use a camelback water resevoir when hiking, there is a monitor that you can get for it that shows how much you've drunk, and I believe it can be programmed to remind you to drink.  I got one but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet.  I got mine at REI and I believe it was around 40 bucks.
writerscrawlz
on 5/17/10 12:13 pm - Cheney, WA
Thank you - I'll look into that.  I already have a water backpack (equipped with a straw), but I really want to keep track of how much I drink.  Glad to know there's a fellow hiker/nature lover out there!  I'm really looking forward to being far more active in the woods - I'm already planning a trip to take place a year from now - going to Glacier National Park and hiking to Canada using the highway to the sun road - there are two other couples interested in joining us - each time I hike a tad bit farther, I'll consider it as a hiker in training!  ...Hey, think that monitor would work with my trek water pack?
Thanks for your helpful reply,
Kathy
Most Active