Anyone interested in a Pouch Party?

Angie B.
on 5/13/10 6:46 am - Seaside, OR
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to get an idea of the interest in having a Pouch Party in the Portland/Seattle area. I know your first question: what the heck is a Pouch Party?

My friends Nikki and Jennifer do Pouch Parties and it's essentially like having a food tasting, cooking show, and cooking lessons all in one. Nikki hangs out on the RNY board a lot and you can check out some of her recipes on her blog (http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com). She has a motto that any food can be made weight-loss surgery friendly!

I'd like to get a Pouch Party together out this way, however, I need to know that there is enough interest. You can either post here or PM me if you're interested and I'll let the Pouch Party gals know what comes of it!
                                                                                     Angie

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
mese22
on 5/14/10 4:03 pm
I would be interested in hearing more on this. I live in Puyallup, WA.  Please email or message me.

Angie B.
on 5/15/10 11:05 am - Seaside, OR
  Right now we're gauging interest in this area to be sure there would be enough people coming to make it worth Nikki and Jen coming all this way.  I'll definitely post a lot more about it when we know for sure it's going to happen with all who/what/when/ where info.         
                                                                                                   Angie

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
msR
on 5/14/10 6:51 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
Sounds like fun and, but I'm a ds'r so I don't have a pouch.
Angie B.
on 5/15/10 11:02 am - Seaside, OR
  Absolutely not a problem!  The recipes would still be good for you and I'm sure the party would be lots of fun.  
                                                                                                         Angie

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
msR
on 5/16/10 5:38 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
On May 15, 2010 at 1:51 AM Pacific Time, msR wrote:
Sounds like fun and, but I'm a ds'r so I don't have a pouch.
Well in that case I'm in. I'll send you  a pm when I get a chance.
niteowlmama
on 5/15/10 5:48 pm - Bothell, WA
I think that sounds very interesting.  I'm having surgery mid June and it would be wonderful to hear and see a cooking show/lessons
jcheryld
on 5/16/10 1:04 am
I'm in the Tacoma area and I'm interested. What's the cost?
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Angie B.
on 5/16/10 9:56 am - Seaside, OR
    According to Nikki, it depends on the theme/menu.   You can pretty much figure the cost will be the same as if you went out to a nice dinner but it will be a lot more fun and you'll learn a lot, door prizes,  get free samples, etc....    Plus, it'll be great to meet some of the people we've been posting with from the site and put personalities with the screen names/ avatars.   I'm really looking forward to learning about cooking new things and Nikki really has awesome recipes she develops.  

HW 321// SW 278//CW 168
juicyprincess
on 6/2/10 10:00 am - Tacoma, WA

Tacoma here, crazy schedule and infrequent babysitter BUT would love to go if my schedule works

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Most Active