Dr. Alperovich

gigi _
on 5/24/10 10:12 am - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
I keep reading posts on the main forum by RNYers who either didn't know, or didn't practice things like not drinking for 30 minutes before and after eating meals, taking 30 minutes to eat their food, getting a minimum of 80 grams of protein a day, taking all vitamins, having protein shakes, giving up caffeine and carbonation, staying hydrated, giving up smoking etc.

ALL of these things and more are things that Dr. A makes patients do AND log for well over a month before surgery.  So, I believe, his patients are well educated and well prepared for surgery when it's their time.  I still don't know, and probably won't ever know what happened to close his clinic, but I will never believe that it's a reflection on his skill as a surgeon.

OTOH, I'm glad that I'm now, hopefully, having DS as I think it's a better choice for me than RNY.  But, I will always feel that Dr. Alperovich is a terrific and compassionate doctor.
karen C.
on 6/2/10 11:23 pm - Kennewick, WA
Gayla, thinking of you and wondering what is going on. Hope  you're still on track for your surgery very soon. Sending positive thougthts your way.

Karen C

gardinerwife
on 5/25/10 3:33 am
I was also one of his preop patients.  St Francis closed his clinic two weeks before my scheduled surgery!  I was very comfortable with him.  I just didn't want to wait for him to get reestablished somewhere else.
Most Active