Dr. Alperovich

Mrs-stick
on 5/12/10 10:58 am - Orting, WA
Hello,
I was told thet Dr Alperovich has a facebook account so we will be able to find where he lands. Was anyone else told this? I can't find him......
      I Like this quote I dislike this quoteWhy compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.?

gigi _
on 5/14/10 3:08 am - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
No, I wasn't told that but it may be true.  I inactivated my Facebook account so I haven't checked for him.  Have you tried calling his office?  The last time I tried, it was still open.  They promised to mail me a copy of all of my records so I guess I expected to get some sort of letter with the mailing.
Pam M.
on 5/16/10 5:42 pm - WA
I believe he is with Dr. Oh now at St. Francis.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

gigi _
on 5/20/10 3:53 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
No, St. Francis closed his clinic a little over a month ago.  I was one of his pre-op patients.
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/17/10 6:29 am - WA
His office is in Maple Vallry and he works at St. Francis in Federal Way.

Merrilou
gigi _
on 5/20/10 3:55 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
No, his office was on the 2nd floor of the VMC Covington clinic and St. Francis closed his clinic a little over a month ago.  I was one of his pre-op patients.
Pam M.
on 5/20/10 5:11 pm - WA
Do you know why his clinic was closed? It is weird because he was part of the Wish Center at Valley Medical Center, and Wish Center got closed with no warning. Then he was partnered with Dr. Hanafy at Valley Medical Center, and 3 weeks after he did my band, Valley Medical Center closed his clinic high and dry with no warning. And then he set up practice at St. Francis and they close his clinic? That really makes me wonder, what is up? Is he not a good surgeon? Or has he just had incredibly bad luck? Did you get any warning at all?

It makes me grateful that I only had him do my band, and I had my revision to RNY with Dr. Lauter. 4 months after I got my band, it was Dr. Lauter who did my emergency surgery when my band slipped. Makes me wonder about my band surgery with Dr. Alperovich. 

gigi _
on 5/20/10 5:25 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
I think he's a good surgeon; in fact the last I heard he's also head of trauma at VMC so I don't think that's the problem. I worked at VMC while he was there for several years and never heard a single bad thing about him.  Most likely it's a financial decision; he was compassionate enough to take a lot more Medicare patients than the other St. Francis bariatric surgeons.

As far as your band, IMO, the lap band is a piece of crap, and has been proven to slip in at least 25 % of patients so I truly don't believe the surgeon had anything to do with it.

I hope you do well with your RNY.
Pam M.
on 5/21/10 8:58 am - WA
I had heard that he might just do surgery at VMC, so maybe being head of surgery was better for him. I liked Dr. Alperovich when I saw him, and I certainly had no flags go up regarding my care from him, so I'm glad to hear you felt the same. I just had to find another surgeon because I was 3 weeks out with a new band and nobody to fill it! I couldn't wait around for Dr. Alperovich to become re-established. I really like my new surgeon, so it all worked out.

Yes, the band is crap! I wish I had never wasted my time with it. But I've done very well with RNY, and am thrilled with my weight loss. Best of luck to you, too!

gardinerwife
on 5/17/10 8:55 am
Last time I spoke with Jenene she was working on the Facebook page.  That was a couple of weeks ago so I don't know what progress she has made.
Most Active