Anyone else with Group Health?

Denisha V.
on 5/6/10 2:10 pm - WA
So after submitting my paperwork just two weeks ago, I got acceptance into the bariatric program and my journey begins here. I am so excited and want to know if anyone else is going through the process with group health. I did find out they do not cover DS but that s ok, I am going to take full advantage of the RNY and kick some obesity butt! Anyway, let me know, I have been out of touch for a few years and want to get back into things.
-Denisha Vail

Surgery Date 9/22/11    
Kathy P.
on 5/6/10 2:57 pm - Port Orchard, WA
I have GH, and had my RNY on 2/9/09.  I was initially scheduled with Dr. Bock, but there was a change to his schedule, and I was assigned Dr. Landers. SOOO GLADDDD!!!!

My RNY was laproscopic, and Dr. Landers took my gall bladder out August 09.

Congrats on your approval! You will do great!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/10 2:37 am - .., WA
I didn't think they paid for DS...I would have had it if I could have. However, I am happy to have been able to get the RNY.

I have lost so much and feel so much better. You will be happy with your results, I'm sure.
Good for you :) Keep us posted.
Denisha V.
on 5/7/10 4:07 pm - WA
Yeah, its a bummer about the DS, but I need change now so I will take the RNY! I am so excited! I would like to add you two as my friends so I can keep in contact and ask questions if you don't mind....I can't believe I am on my way, it's been ten years I have been working on this.
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/10 1:55 am - .., WA
The RNY is a good surgery. I have lost 110 with it, so far. I too would have had the DS if insh would have paid. However, the fact that our insh will pay for the RNY is a blessing. So, I took it. :) 

keep us posted. 
Cheryl N.
on 5/9/10 11:32 am - Des Moines, WA
I have Group Health.  I had lapband done on 1/28/09 by Dr. Landers and he's awesome! 

Good luck!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Denisha V.
on 5/12/10 6:10 am - WA
Awesome! Is he in Seattle? I am supposed to get it done with Dr. Bock. How was your process. Did you have to wait long? Sorry for all the questions but I would like to know what to expect but everyone is always so vague. Thanks
Cheryl N.
on 5/13/10 4:01 am - Des Moines, WA
On May 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM Pacific Time, msmountain wrote:
Awesome! Is he in Seattle? I am supposed to get it done with Dr. Bock. How was your process. Did you have to wait long? Sorry for all the questions but I would like to know what to expect but everyone is always so vague. Thanks
All weight loss surgeries with GH are done in Bellevue at Overlake Hospital.  Overlake is an awesome hospital.   It will be with either Dr. Bock or Dr. Landers.

I started the process in May 2008 and had surgery Jan 28, 2009.  Have to go thru all appts., such as first telephone consult with Julie Grimm, then have tests such as breathing test, sleep study, chest and stomach xray, mammogram, 24 hour pee collection, blood work, etc.  Then you have to pay for a years nutritist service through Accomplish which you need to do before you can get a surgery date.  NUT services are not covered. 

Good luck!  Any questions, feel free to ask! :) 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active