I am becoming the bionic woman

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/2/10 9:21 am - Buckley, WA
I had my knee replacement on the 20th . I spent two nights in the hospital . Recovery sucks . I'm not good at just sitting around . I better go . It's hard to write when you're seeing double . xoxoxox

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/10 1:57 am - .., WA
That stinks. Down the road I will need this....I dont want it, scary.
I hope you heal up quick.
PinkFlamingoes
on 5/10/10 11:03 am - Buckley, WA
Yeah it sucks , but at least i'll be able to walk pain free on that leg . I need the other one needs to be done too . I had hoped with the weight loss I would avoid this . No such luck . New technology is great & gets better all the time .

karen C.
on 5/15/10 11:56 am - Kennewick, WA

Kathy,

I had both knees replaced, one at a time, when I weighed 330 lbs. Within a month each time I was driving, walking without a cane and sleeping relatively pain free.

That was in 2002. In 2005 I had lap rny and my life is changed so much for the better. I weighed 377 lbs when I had WLS. I've since lost 170 lbs. I had lost almost 190 and I am slowly losing my regain.

I'm sure your recovery will be much quicker than mine. Physical therapy HURT. I took a pain pill before going to therapy. BUT that physical therapy is the most important part to your long term success. Suck it up, do what it takes and you will be so glad that you did. If it helps any my 2nd replacement went much better than the first. I think it helped knowing what to expect. Best wishes,

Karen C

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/16/10 10:05 am - Buckley, WA

Hi Karen , Thanks for your well wishes . I have been driving since I was 2 weeks out . I started PT last week & that went well . I don't dare take a pain pill & drive , since i'm driving myself . I wait until I get home . You're right , at least next time i'll know what to expect . This time I had no idea .

karen C.
on 5/16/10 10:11 am - Kennewick, WA
I used our local "dial a ride" handicapped  transport while going to the first 2 weeks of PT. Best wishes to you. The first 3 weeks were the most difficult.

Karen C

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/22/10 12:50 pm - Buckley, WA
We don't have dial a ride here , but I didn't start PT untill 3 weeks out . I could drive the short distance by then . I agree , the first 3 weeks were the worst .

Susan O.
on 5/21/10 12:13 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Kathy, I hope you are doing well and will be able to attend "group" on Monday. Sorry I have been "OC" (off computer) for almost a month, so didn't reply earlier. Hope you are really zipping along by now! Hugs!!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/22/10 12:47 pm - Buckley, WA
I wouldn't exactly call it zipping along . lol . I am doing well & going through PT . I can't drive far , as it hurts to use the gas & break pedals very much . So , I haven't gone any farther than Bonney Lake , yet . My walking/standing stamina aren't great yet , either . But , i'm doing really well acording to my PT .

Most Active