Been absent!

Kathy P.
on 4/9/10 3:07 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hello all-

I have been remiss in checking in on this forum. I had my one yr. post op on 2/19. At 157 lbs., Doc said to consider myself at goal. Initial goal we set was 145, but he looked me over, and said, "Nope, you need to consider yourself having lost 100% EWL".   That stumped me. My BMI is still "overweight", until I lose about 2 more lbs. 

Labs have been good, and I still want to be at 145 and normal BMI. I think after my 18 mo. post op check, and with the referral for panni removal, I will be in a normal BMI.  DARN THAT EXTRA SKIN!! 

With hitting my Docs goal, and finding that I LOVE TO RUN!  Setting all sorts of Personal Records, and getting ready for a 5K on the 10th, and a 10K in June.  I've been spending quite a bit of time on the exercise forum, therefore, again, neglecting check-ins with everyone else!

Hope you are all doing well, gearing up for a spectacularly healthy Spring, and most important, are THRILLED AND HAPPY WITH YOUR OWN JOURNEY!

Hugs,
Kathy

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Andrea_1972
on 4/10/10 7:59 am - WA
Kathy,

Welcome Back
Most Active