OT: any dog lovers out there?

Jenny A.
on 4/5/10 4:26 pm - WA
 Hey all - I never post on this board but have a VERY important request!

I'm involved with a dog rescue called Old Dog Haven - as you can imagine they rescue elderly dogs who lose their homes for whatever reason. There is currently an older lab in a shelter in Longview who is in desperate need of foster care (or an adoptive home). Older dogs don't generally get placed from shelters - they're either lucky and get hooked up with ODH or somewhere similar or are not so lucky :( ODH is completely full but they will take her on if they find a foster home. She's a sweet chocolate lab with typical old lab temperament - sweet, calm, friendly, sleepy :) I wish I could take her myself but my boyfriend won't let me (long story). ODH does pay for vet care for fosters - I know that's a concern people have about taking in older dogs.

If you are a dog lover but have never considered adopting an older dog, maybe this is your chance! It is more rewarding than you can imagine. I adopted an old lab from ODH about four years ago. Best thing I ever did. She recently died, but I found out that four years vs. 14 years, you're just not ready to lose them when they go. 

PM me if you're interested, or contact ODH or the Cowlitz County Humane Society directly. This link has their contact info, plus some info on the dog and a pic of her sweet little face: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5073612&id=84864916613.

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

Weights: highest = 520; before pre-op diet = 510; day of surgery = 494; goal = >200
Check out my blog -
My Life with Sleevey. And add me as a friend to see my pics!
Most Active