New to this...

LeighAnnW.
on 4/4/10 12:38 pm - Silverdale, WA
Hello everyone. I live in Washington and will be having the DS surgery soon and I just wanted to see if there was anyone on here to talk to about it. I am very excited about this upcoming surgery, but also very nervous. I am hoping to find people who know what it feels like to be in this situation. Can't wait to hear from you,

Leigh
kristijb
on 4/6/10 2:39 am - Hood River, OR
 Hello LeighAnnW. I live in Hood River, OR but am also new to this. I am hoping to have DS with Dr. Srikanth sometime this coming winter. I have to go through the six month diet for my insurance company before I can have wls. 

I know exactly what you are feeling. I wish I could have it sooner, the wait is killing me. Which Dr have you chosen? How are the people in your life reacting to your decision? Why did you decide on DS? Does your insurance have any requirements that you have to meet before you can have wls?

Take care and hope are doing better than I am with waiting 
LeighAnnW.
on 4/7/10 3:40 am - Silverdale, WA
Kristi,

Thank you so much for writing back. It sure makes me feel better knowing that I am not along :) I am extremely lucky because my husband is in the Navy and our insurance pays for the surgery. I  had to go through the pathway as well. I started that back in July so I certainly deserve to have the surgery now..lol. My family is very supportive. My husband is actually taking 2 weeks leave when I have my surgery so that I can have his help with the kids. (I have 3 children) I will be having my surgery at The Matigan Army Medical Center and I have Dr. Carter. I hear good things about him. I am excited! Let me know if you have any questions about the pathway (that is what our insurance calls it) I am here for you!  I hope DS is the best choice. My doctor actually reccommend DS for me. He said it has the best outcome even years down the road. We will see! I bet you are so excited to get started. When do you start the 6 month diet?
msR
on 4/7/10 4:29 pm - Gig Harbor, WA

I just had my DS on Feb. 16. Dr. Carter did mine too. If you have any questions please feel free and ask. I'm in Gig Harbor and am up your way all the time.

LeighAnnW.
on 4/8/10 1:52 am - Silverdale, WA
MsR,
  How did it go? How is the weight loss going? Do you think it was a better choice than the other weight loss surgeries? Thank you so much for writing back and letting me know. This will ease my mind a whole bunch. I hope to hear from you again soon!

Leigh
msR
on 4/15/10 7:14 am - Gig Harbor, WA
On April 8, 2010 at 8:52 AM Pacific Time, LeighAnnW. wrote:
MsR,
  How did it go? How is the weight loss going? Do you think it was a better choice than the other weight loss surgeries? Thank you so much for writing back and letting me know. This will ease my mind a whole bunch. I hope to hear from you again soon!

Leigh
Sorry it took so long to reply, it's been a busy week. The surgery went great. I had some problems with my oxygen levels the first few days. I went to the special care unit after surgery instead of the regualr nursing ward. They came to the conclusion that I probably had undiagnosed sleep apnea as my levels would  only drop when I slept.  My surgery was on Tues. and I went home Sat. morning.  Pain wasn't too bad. It just  felt like I had done a bunch of sit ups. Weight loss is going well I've lost 60 lbs. I did have a hard time at first adjusting the diet they give you in the nutrition class to fit the DS. A few trips to the ds board on here and I figured it out. I think this choice was the best choice for me and am very happy with it.
kristijb
on 4/9/10 1:58 am - Hood River, OR
 i will start my 6 month diet on april 13th. gonna seem like forever til i can have the surgery. but, i am not gonna complain, i feel lucky enough having my insurance to help pay for it.

wish you luck on your DS, keep in touch and let me know how it is going .

kristi
Most Active