plastics at Madigan?

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 3/25/10 8:55 am
How do you start the process for a panni at madigan? How long do you have to wait after WLS to begin the process? Thanks for any input.

Dreamingirl80
on 3/25/10 9:24 am - Shelton, WA
I couldnt tell you a specific time frame, but your pcm or surgeon should be able to get you a referral to see a plastic surgeon there. I had my initial consult scheduled 3 weeks ago for tomorrow and yet at 3 this afternoon got a call telling me they need to reschedule because the plastic surgeon is taking leave. So frustrating.... good luck

Fran575
on 3/26/10 2:23 pm - Tacoma, WA
For me I had a hernia and went to my gastric bypass doctor (Dr. Carter at Madigan) and he said he would do the hernia repair and a anchor tummy tuck at the same time.
My surgery didn't go so well. I ended up with a "bleeder" on the inside and 12 hours after the first surgery I was back in surgery being completly opened up to find what was bleeding. Because of this second surgery I ended up with necrosis (dead skin) which gave me a hole in my abdomen that eventually required a wound vac. I have been on the wound vac for 5 weeks, but should be done with it in about 2 weeks.
So if you have an opportunity to actually see a plastic surgeon, and not your RNY doctor, I would recommend it.
I love Dr. Carter but I kind of think I would not have had this problem if I had seen an actual plastic surgeon.
In answer to your original question all you need to do is see your gastric bypass doctor and he will do the referral for you.
Best wishes,
Fran

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 3/26/10 3:03 pm
Fran,
thank you so very much for sharing. I am keeping you in my prayers. hoping that things will get much better. I may not have any plastics. But in case I do I will listen to what you have said. thanks again.
netta
on 3/30/10 4:26 pm
hey
it takes a long time for the panni list,,the list is not moving fast right now, at Madigan,,I heard that Dr Beekley is retiring from madigan soon,and Dr Rush is going back over seas soon,,so they will be down 2 surgeons soon, so when you call general surgery the two guys at the desk,just say We are not schedualling anyone  right now,so if you can get in at all,take advantage of it,and feel lucky
thanx Redd
kymoon
on 4/3/10 9:30 am - graham, WA
dr carter did mine feb 9th of this yr..and i think him and his team did a great job..very happy with his work
Erelynn
on 4/5/10 4:42 pm - Fort Lewis, WA
I'm so glad to hear you guys say good things about Dr. Carter - I'm going in on Friday to have my surgery done with him.  He seems nice and also competent but you never know with the military! :D lol
Most Active