Shrinks?

Nicki H.
on 3/20/10 3:05 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
So, as many of us go through, I am having a tough time seeing myself as smaller.  I know and can see that I am now in a size 12, but still see that I have SOOOO much more to go.  I don't, and I know this but don't SEE it that way.
Does anyone have a counselor or something that has helped you get through this time?
Thanks

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/20/10 8:31 am - WA
Go to the Mall, as you are walking into the store  look at the reflection of the slender person in the window. It is you!!! It always works for me. You might also try a support group.
Nicki H.
on 3/21/10 2:02 am - WA

That seems to be when I have the problem.  I see my reflection or see myself in the mirror.  Self image is a hard thing to shake.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

jcheryld
on 3/20/10 9:41 am
Dr. Jeffrey Okey at Northwest Center for Integrative Medicine has experience working with WLS patients and I found him to be quite helpful! I'm not sure where you are located, but he is in Tacoma.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Nicki H.
on 3/21/10 2:03 am - WA
Thank you, I may just have to see him.  Tacoma is close for me.

Most Active