Checking in - sorry MIA

pnw
on 3/18/10 11:13 am - Vashon, WA
It's been a hard road for the past few months.  After the loss of my mom last year - my father passed away in Feb.  I was back east again and this time I was 75 pounds lighter.  But this time - it really played with my body and mind.  

I went for a visit and stayed for a funeral.  Glad I was with my dad when he passed - just like with mom.  But I did not eat for 3 days did not take my vit for more than a week and now I am dragging butt.  I am so tired and weak that it's going to take a month to regroup.  

Getting to 3pm is hard - getting up at 4 am is hard -

I have had several mini dizzy spells that seemed to be linked to carrots.... I think

anyway - I do check the boards from time to time but posting is getting hard to do.  Can't do it at work and when I get home I am flat out tired.

I did go back to my karate on Tues but skipped today -

Take care gang and drink your water please!

Mary - from Vashon 
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

FabBy50 .
on 3/19/10 2:10 am - Everett, WA
Mary

So sorry for your loss! My heart goes out to you, it is so hard to lose a parent but both is just aweful. Your dizzy spells might be from not enough food or water, so try hard to get some nurishment in.

Take care and hugs to you!
Lori K.
on 3/19/10 2:29 pm - Spokane, WA
  Mary, you are in my prayers at this time.  I am so sorry for your loss.

I have always wanted to try Karate, my brother has a 2nd degree black belt in Tae kwon do, I believe, and my Dad got up to brown belt about 30 years ago and I always thought it would be cool and great exercise, but never had the confidence to try it.  How do you like it?
Lori   <><  
Ht.  5' 5 1/2"
HW / Pre-op SW  / CW /  MY 1st GW / 2nd GW/ Surg.GW FinalGW   

272 /  255   /  246 / 166/182(29bmi)/ 172(81%EWL)/ 163  /152 (24.8BMI)    
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.   Robert Collier

pnw
on 3/20/10 10:42 am - Vashon, WA
 Hi Lori
I am a green belt in Tang So Do.  I have been practicing off and on for more than 20 years.  I stopped when I left the east coast and then started again just last year.  It was hard to return when I was also overweight - now - it's so much more fun - even at 50!  

I do not aspire to upgrade my belt.  I do like the workouts and keeping in shape and working off some stress.  I really like working with the younger children - it keeps my basics in check.  

Perhaps I will move forward again in the belts - I don't know but for now I am happy to be a green and get my work outs in.  

With the surgery I find that I need to keep my water and protein in check before I take my class.  If I don't - then I more often than likely to not make it to the end of the class.  Getting my water in is not easy - but I am working on it.

Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

lacres81
on 3/23/10 8:01 am - silvana, WA
So sorry for your loss! Glad to hear from you, keep up the good work! Remember to- Think of where you've been and Dream of where you are going! I heard that somewhere
Most Active