exercise ideas

juicyprincess
on 3/18/10 12:52 am - Tacoma, WA

OK, i have been slipping a bit with my diet, time to buckle down. add to that i never really got on the exercise thing, other then walks. a week ago i decided to take a light jog, didnt work too well. i have work out dvd's but they dont do it for me either. I have the added problem of a VERY ACTIVE and HARD to control 5yr old with me at nearly all times. I am not listing excuses, just looking for helpful ideas.
thanks guys

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/18/10 5:11 am - WA
I am doing water aerobics, it is agreat work out!

Merrilou
jcheryld
on 3/28/10 5:20 pm
Do you belong to the YMCA or other local gyms? They have Mommy & Me group fitness classes like dance, aerobics, and yoga that would be fun to do with your 5 year old! Walking and jogging are also great- there is a great way to train to build up your stamina for increasing your run time by interval training. Some people like using the "Couch to 5K" method to increase time quickly- that's what I did and over the course of a month I built up stamina fairly quickly. Let me know if you want more info.

Here's to fitness!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

juicyprincess
on 3/29/10 1:58 am - Tacoma, WA

Thanks, we do not have a gym membership, its a money thing but might do it as a birthday gift to myself. Walking is good and now that the sun is out more, we will difinately be able to do that! The jogging thing is a long story but essentially before WLS I couldnt do too much strenous exercise because i would throw a migraine from the pressure. It is the same, if i cross over the tiny bit from brisk walk (no really head pressure) to light jog, within just a few minutes i have myself a migraine. My head gives out before my body does.
I would be very interested in the mommy & me classes...going to google them now..Which YMCA do you belong to?

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Brenda C.
on 4/21/10 6:17 am
For me, I have serious problems with both feet and my left achillis tendon, so I began swimming laps over a year ago.  Being Western Washington, there are a LOT of indoor pools - my pool of choice: King County Acquatic Center in Federal Way.  They have programs in the Rec Pool (walking, aerobics, etc.) and lap swimming in the Competition Pool.  I swim three times a week (I am pre surgery) and very pleased with my progress.

Costs - you can pay by the day (if disabled, they do offer a lower rate), three month, or yearly pass.  I haven't taken the aerobics classes, but I do see a lot of "regulars" there.  If you are too shy, I am over 400 pounds (so is my boyfreind) and we have only been met with POSITIVE energy.

OH!  And the Rec Pool has a REALLY cool pirate ship - and classes for kids & parents (personally, I dread those times, I am not one for 20 kids under 6 running around me in the shower).  Check them out - it is off the 348th exit in Federal Way.

Brenda  : )~
writerscrawlz
on 5/15/10 9:39 am - Cheney, WA
Sometimes I also struggle with exercise, but one DVD/VHS workout that has really worked for me in the past is the Sweating to the Oldies with Richard Simmons...sounds silly, but I actually enjoy it - and realized that it may not be a bad idea to obtain another copy - so today I did just that!  Using some birthday money, I purchased another copy for less than a dollar on Amazon.  As a graduate from Eastern, I've wondered if I'd get a discount if I wanted to workout there - an alumni thing...
Most Active