New WA Support Group for Band Patients

Lisa O.
on 3/16/10 3:08 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Hi!  For those of you who don't hang out on the Lap Band forum, my name is Lisa O. and I just recently started a support group for adjustible gastric band patients.  We've met about 3 times already and now that I've been officially trained as an OH Support Group Leader I'm opening it up to any band patient that would like to come. 

We are a small, but growing group and the meetings are very loosly structured.  We may or may not start with a discussion topic but mostly we like to have open sharing, (if you wan to), and allow plenty of time for questions and opportunities to share our experiences with living the banded life. 

This group is for anyone , pre or post op, interested in a positive experience and opportunity to learn, share and meet others who know what it's like to live with an AGB.

Please PM me if you think you may be interested in attending our next meeting and I'll put you on the mailing list.  You don't need to r.s.v.p. to attend

We meet on the last Saturday of each month at 9:00.  We are currently meeting in Tukwila, (near Southcenter Mall).  We chose a central location to meet because we have people coming from Salem Oregon,  Ellensburg Washington and everywhere in between, east, south, north and west!

Next meeting?  March 27, 9:00

Besides learning a lot from each other, it's great to make new friends!  I look forward to meeting you soon!

Sincerely,

Lisa O.

Directions:

Starbucks 13038 interurban Ave Tukwila (Look for large and very tall sign – it is a drive-thru)   From I-5 N:   1.       Take WA 599 N, exit 156 towards Tukwila/W. Marginal Way 2.       Turn right on Interurban Ave S. 3.       Store is on the left   From I-5 S:   1.       Take exit 156 - Interurban Ave S towards Tukwila 2.       Turn right on Interurban Ave S 3.       Store is on the right

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/17/10 2:00 am - WA
9am? Will a By-pass person be welcome?

Merrilou
Most Active