Self pay VSG

go4goal
on 3/9/10 8:40 am

I need to do self pay for my VSG I was wondering if anyone knew someone in state taht does this for around 12,000?

Helen_Anne
on 3/10/10 8:35 am - Bremerton, WA

$12,000 sounds like a Mexico price...  I hope you can find someone...

I know there is a MD doing VSG as an outpatient  procedure at Stevens or Northwest hospital... so that may be a less expensive option.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

go4goal
on 3/10/10 8:58 am
Hi Thanks,

No I have a surgeon in Las Vegas Thomas umbach that has quoted me $11,000 for the VSG complete but it is an outpatient surgery but need to spend four nights in Vegas. I will check out Northwest...i hate Stevens. I live close to evergreen but it soo expensive there $21,000.

Thanks for the tip looks like you are rockin,

WK
Mini.me
on 3/11/10 10:39 am, edited 3/14/10 1:18 am
If you are willing to go to Vegas, you may want to check with Medical Tourism.  For Dr. Umbach, I was quoted $10,900 and that included my hotel room & 1 night in the hospital.  The only part of the trip I had to cover was the plane ticket.

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

go4goal
on 3/15/10 7:45 am
Thanks but I have aloready found Dr. Thomas Umbach that does it complete for $11,000 in Las vegas ( Henderson) he is excellent and a center of excellence. I just was trying to stay in Washington state.
Sefanie
on 3/15/10 7:25 am
Hi,

Dr. Mark Pleatman in West Bloomfield, Michigan does VSG for $11,200. This covers ALL costs and includes hospital, anesthesia, surgery, as well as 2 years of follow-up.  There are absolutely no hidden fees.  If coming from far away you will of course have to pay for your travel and hotel costs if you decide to stay a bit longer.  He is a great doctor and a leader in laparoscopic surgery and was the first to ever perform the VSG in Michigan.  I had been looking into gastric bypass for about 3 years and got fed up with trying to fight my insurance company.  I guess it was meant to be because shortly after I found out about him on OH and he had been in my area the whole time!  Anyway, check out his website http://www.laparoscopy.com/pleatman/index.htm 
He also has fantastic prices for lap band and gastric bypass.  Don't let the "discounted" price worry you like it did me at first.  Because of his past laparoscopic research and partnerships with the surrounding hospitals he is able provide excellent pricing for the procedures. Hope this helped.
go4goal
on 3/15/10 7:47 am
Thanks but I have aloready found Dr. Thomas Umbach that does it complete for $11,000 in Las vegas ( Henderson) he is excellent and a center of excellence. I just was trying to stay in Washington state.
Most Active