depression meds and anxiety

kit_n_fish
on 2/28/10 7:33 am - KENT, WA
i had stomach stapled 2 years ago. have always been on dep meds. my doctors since my surg that provide me with dep meds dont seem to understand the whole mal-absorbsion thing, so i am now going to a phych doc that prescribes. about as clueless about this situation as my reg doc is??? my question is, is there a professional in the south king county area who understands us and knows what to do? i am not bipolar, but depressed, take ambien at night and have been REALLY been suffering from severe rage and anxiety.i recently lost my job so that just makes matters even worse. i am currently taking pristiq and trileptal. my doc gave me valium and that didnt even phase me one bit????  wth is going on???? PLEASE HELP?

kitnfish
287/160
rebeccaford
on 3/2/10 3:50 am - Honolulu, HI
 I'm sorry you are having such issues.  Depression and anxiety is terrible especially when we don't absorb everything we take in and that includes meds.  Perhaps this article will help.  Maybe you can bring it to your doctor.  I take effexor (venlafaxine) and the absorption according to this study is the same as pre-op.  So I don't have problems right now, but the anti-anxiety meds don't work as great. 

Note:  after clicking on the link you may need to click the button that says "start manual download".  It will be a .pdf.  If it doesn't work let me know and I'll email you the article.

I hope this helps.  

http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/reprint/46/3/250

Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Most Active