Evergreen Medical Center (Kirkland, WA)

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/10 9:14 am
Has anyone had their Gastric Bypass surgery at Evergreen Medical Center over in Kirkland, WA? I have been told by my insurance that if I want to have the surgery I have to have it done there. I just want to hear from people who have had theirs done there. Which Doctor did you have? How was the staff? How was the stay? Were any of you traveling a long distance to Kirkland? How would you rate your overall experience?

Thank you much!
Lori K.
on 2/28/10 4:15 am - Spokane, WA
 Hey Jackson!
It doesn't look like this Wa forum gets as much traffic as the RNY surgical forum, so maybe you should cross post it there, as well as maybe the Lap band forum, or any other WLS procedure that Evergreen does, to get some responses, cause I know the peeps are out there!  You will get this done, Evergreen, here we come
!!!
Lori   <><  
Ht.  5' 5 1/2"
HW / Pre-op SW  / CW /  MY 1st GW / 2nd GW/ Surg.GW FinalGW   

272 /  255   /  246 / 166/182(29bmi)/ 172(81%EWL)/ 163  /152 (24.8BMI)    
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.   Robert Collier

SeansMom0830
on 3/1/10 2:22 am - shoreline, WA
I am having the lap band done there on thurs. Most of the Nurses in Dr Clinch's office had him do it there.
Another thing about Evergreen, i am a single mom and wanted to make the surgery was done at the best place and evergreen is it. They also carry a center for excelence certification.
SeansMom0830
on 3/7/10 2:48 am - shoreline, WA
I just had my surgery done on Thurs, because of family situation I had to be dropped off and then family would pick me up and take care of me for recovery, what that did mean is that I was at the hospital alone.
What I can tell you is that I never felt alone, the staff there was amazing, i have an inner ear condition that can make me dizzy and the Anesthesiologist not only asked if i had any such condition but took extra precautions to make sure I never felt dizzy or sick and the minute i sorta felt sick I got medications to stop it. I cant Even begin to tell you what an amazing (well for having surgery) experience this was. I chose to do the lap band but I cannot imagine your experience would be any different.
Good luck on this new journey in your life

If you always do what you have always have done then you will always be where you have always been.

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/10 3:31 am
Thank you for the info. Congratulations on your surgery! How are you feeling? I am actually heading over to Kirkland on April 30th for my consultation. So far I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Clinch. It has put my mind at easy a little bit. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!!!
VickiStevens
on 3/8/10 11:47 am - Tacoma, WA
There are quite a few surgeons who operate out of Evergreen.  I am not familiar with all of them, but I know that a few only do the lapband. 

However, my surgeon, Dr. Srikanth, operates there and he does all of the weight loss surgeries.  He is a very experienced and talented surgeon.  I'm not sure where you are located, he also operates out of St. Francis and has an office in the St. Francis medical building as well as up at Evergreen.

Good luck!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Most Active