hello, i'm new...and determined;)

Brook
on 2/25/10 10:37 pm
Hello,

I'm new to Obesity Help and message boards, so bare with me;) I'm more than three years out, and I still have a HARD time with grazing. I'm trying very hard to keep my stress level down and that been helping me some. I am determined to succeed because I'm not going back to where I was!

I am thinking about going to hear Katie Jay speak in Seattle. I don't live in Washington, but will be out that way for business. Is anyone planning on going to the Seattle Ba****hink it's March 11th? I've heard Katie speak before and she is very motivating. Here is a link to her event ...

http://www.nawls.com/products/item42.cfm

I read a lot of books on staying positive and on emotional eating. If anyone has a good one to recommend, I would appreciate it! Thanks for listening,

Brooke
Helen_Anne
on 2/27/10 12:32 pm - Bremerton, WA
Brook...

I am going to hear Katie Jay... along with one of my friends..... we are only going to see Katie Jay for her talk before the Seattle Bash starts.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

tootsasue
on 2/27/10 12:52 pm
Brooke,
I agree with Helen. I am looking forward to hearing her speak again. I am about a year out. I feel the ugly head of my bad habits rearing their heads. Want to be prepared and not get into those things again.

Hope to see you there.

Connie

PinkFlamingoes
on 3/4/10 1:12 pm - Buckley, WA

Hi Brooke ,

I'm 3 1/2 years out . Grazing (at night) is tough for me , too . I'm an emotional eater , as well . The things that sometimes help me are :

Support . Friends , family & a great support group (even though I don't get there every month) .

Making sure I have filling , dense protein in the fridge . Such as left over baked chicken .

Things to keep me busy . reading , computer , etc...

I'm sure these are all things you alreaady know . You have a great attitude & it sounds like you are doing great things to get a handle on the emotional eating/grazing . I'm not going to be able to attend the bash , but it sounds wonderful . The people from the Washington board are fun & supportive . I've attended several different events & they've always made me feel comfortable . Welcome to the Wa. board & to OH . Kathy

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/5/10 12:28 am - WA
Brooke, try a table spoon of peanutbutter when you think about grazing it works for me!
Most Active